Hmm... Hurst Barracuda?

-
I`ts easy, anyone can have a Hurst Barracuda.
1- install a Hurst shifter.
2- Attach 2 Hurst badges.
3- Attach Hurst decals.
4- Attach large $$ asking price and wait for a rich non car guy.
Is a nice car though...

If you look at the ad you will see it is posted by a dealer! Enough said.

No such thing, Hurst inspired personalized vehicle! 65'

I guess I have the even rarer Hurst Valiant, since I have a original 1965 Valiant 200, 4 dr, 273 with Hurst shifted 4 speed.

Ha, I guess $50K might get you one without a cracked steering wheel. I'd say the ad poster has been sampling some crack as well.

As for Hurst Barracuda, I'd say he took some liberty in naming it just because it has a Hurst shifter, badge, and stickers.

My 67 Hurst barracuda is not quite as rare as the 65 or a more door but I`d be willing to part with it for 45 K. Seem reasonable?
parts 030.jpg

But, but....he said it was real!!! That's enough for me to bust out with 50 g's for an early A!!! Yea, OK!!

Maybe it was William Randolph Hearst car. You know the news paper publisher guy from the 1940's Lol

there were no special "Hurst" mopar muscle cars that were ever produced that i am aware of other than the 68 BO hemi Barracuda. there was the Hurst Olds 442 in 65 (i believe) but that was it during the "muscle car" era. Hurst did have some "appearance packages" on a few other car models into the late 70's and early 80's. this is just a nutty dealer trying to swindle that crowd of "old car buyers" that have no knowledge at all about collector cars and really, have no idea what they are buying. and as to the price - the ONLY 65-69 Barracuda that is worth a lot of money is the 69 M-Code 440 cuda and the "race only" 68 BO hemi Barracuda. you would seriously have to have your head examined to pay $49k for a 65 barracuda.

After all, he did say it was Very Rare. That's gotta be worth something. I might go $48,000??

Questionable business tactics using "rare, all original..." when it's obviously neither.

OK, I'm changing "questionable" to "downright shady".

Have you ever seen a 65 Barracuda without the "signature domed rear window"?

"Very rare all original Hurst Barracuda including...the even more rare Electronic Ignition with corrugated wire protection

Nice looking car overall though

Wow, and "only $49,995".....kinda giving it away, what with that single Hurst badge and all! You guys are missing out on one heck of a deal here!!

-
Back