hmmm. possibly daily driver??

-
I checked all the frame rails out. Just surface rust they are solid as well. Trunk is solid. It does need the drivers floor pan replaced. The quarters have no rust in them the fenders are free of rust as well. it sat in a garahe most of its life at least that's the story. Its a win win for me if I get it cheap I could either keep it for a daily driver(most likely clone it to a super bee eventually) or turn around and sell it to someone who wants it bad enough. My first car was a 71 charger same exact color. And I regret everyday that I sold it. So I think I may just have to keep this one.

if it was a 69 i'd jump it, but those grills look weird to me, not fond of 70 and onward.....

That car is worth $4k to $6k to the right buyer. I have been watching ebay bidding on these cars. A 69 Coronet 440 in worse shape than this car with a nonrunning 318 ended at 3,200 bidding just two weeks ago.

Here's a 440 trim 70 on Ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...3308760?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c5fa681d8

Car sounds great, just surface rust on a rails is OK, sounds pretty rust free. Carpet holds water, it was just from drivers wet shoes and no floor mats over the years why the drivers pan rusted away..................

I been watching Ebay for a newer "ladies friendly car" like a G6 (she likes it) many cars that "sell" get re listed a few weeks later on. Buyers don't come through. I think alot of shell bids from the sellers buddies come on and drive the prices higher.

I think this car is worth $1,500--or more. If its as clean as it sounds and depends how well the chrome shines up--looks like it would. Any chrome pits, if not cars like that can go for over $2,000, heck $4,000 a few years back

if it was a 69 i'd jump it, but those grills look weird to me, not fond of 70 and onward.....

Yeah true but there is always custom body work that could be done. A solid body would matter more to me. Maybe you can buy new frame rails-everything but would it be worth the time and money to do it?

Does it have a clear title? If not, that could be a real headache. Looks like at least a $6000 car if it runs well. It might be a good daily driver but not in the winter. That salt would eat it up in no time. Those cars are so hard to find in that condition. Jump on it! I'd be interested in it if it wasn't so far away.

YEah clear title. If I can get it cheap enough ill be happy with it as a daily driver. Before winter I'll
put the pans in it sandblast the undercarriage and all frame rails then either paint them or undercoat. I live 4 miles from my job and my fiance wants the camry so I figure it'll be worth the time and money.
I'm not worried about driving it in the winter if I Do that.

Jeez man, dont drive that in the winter!! No matter how well you undercoat it, you will regret driving it in the salt/snow.

Yeah true but there is always custom body work that could be done. A solid body would matter more to me. Maybe you can buy new frame rails-everything but would it be worth the time and money to do it?

I'm with you on solid body, the only time it's ever worth picking up a rust bucket is if you plan on gutting the pans and turning it into a strip beast -or- doing extensive chip foose/nick trepainer style modifications... but I gotta say.... who's gonna save the cars? At some point because a lot of us dont want to screw with rust unless it's an extremely rare car they end up getting chopped up, sent to the scrapper or just rotting in some rednecks backyard. Every day we probably lose about 50 cars... and unlike chevy and ford, there is no companies I know of that are making reproduction bodies made of sheet metal.

Speaking of wasting away. There's a 66 charger in pretty decent shape sitting in a lot just sitting there doing nothing. I asked if it was for sale and he said no im okay ill just let it sit there til I decide what I want to do with it. It doesn't even have a damn cover on it!..its a damn shame could be a beautiful car has a 383 in it..

Car sounds great, just surface rust on a rails is OK, sounds pretty rust free. Carpet holds water, it was just from drivers wet shoes and no floor mats over the years why the drivers pan rusted away..................

I been watching Ebay for a newer "ladies friendly car" like a G6 (she likes it) many cars that "sell" get re listed a few weeks later on. Buyers don't come through. I think alot of shell bids from the sellers buddies come on and drive the prices higher.

I think this car is worth $1,500--or more. If its as clean as it sounds and depends how well the chrome shines up--looks like it would. Any chrome pits, if not cars like that can go for over $2,000, heck $4,000 a few years back

Any running driving car is worth at least 2k especially if it is nice as that one. On the ebay thing I agree but, this car met the reserve and was not relisted. Besides this is a desireable body style even it is a 318 car. The right buyer will pay what I listed. I would gladly pay up to 6k for that car. The floor pan isn't a biggie imo. I'd say go for it. Heck, I knew of a guy who paid $12k for a 68 Coronet 440 in 2008 and that was a 2dr hardtop with a 318/904 and bare bones. The paint was 30 years old but, the interior, suspension and then engine was freshened up.

so whats going on? Did we buy this car yet? Im getting to antsy over here

Lol..no not yet...still trying to get ahold of the owner..I don't have their number only spoke to them once and forgot it..knocked on the door today and left my card with my number on it so hopefully ill be hearing something shortly!

-
Back