Hockey fights

-
They get paid WAY to much for playing a kids game in the first place, if they want to fight they are in the wrong sport. I think that fighting shows their poor sportsmanship.
Screenshot_20220708-065911.png

That's his mentality. I know that it's different strokes for different folks but I pay good money to see a game not a brawl. I have been to blues hockey games and I did enjoy myself
I think you're being ridiculous myself but again like you said different strokes...
No Red x for you though I'm not going to invalidate your opinion... Mine was raspberries... LOL..

Hockey is a frustrating sport. And because of the physicality fights will ensue. But some are a little Showboat ridiculous. Like goalie fights. How The hell do 2 goalies get pissed at each other? They flipping gang signs at one another or something?

I think you're being ridiculous myself but again like you said different strokes...
No Red x for you though I'm not going to invalidate your opinion... Mine was raspberries... LOL..
How am I being ridiculous?

Never heard of Jack Mcilhargey, but boy he could throw them. Great scrap here with Tiger.

Heres a couple against Fotiu, Nick didnt lose many, but Jack had his number.

When Larry Playfair played for the Sabres Don Cherry was a coach for a Canadian team, Maple Leafs maybe. He said when he wanted to start something he made sure Playfair wasn’t on the ice because he didnt want to send anyone out to get murdered.

Cherry was quite the character.

Last edited:
I remember watching the minor leaguers vs the Pros more fights in the minors but they are younger guys...

I saw George Laraque in a sporting goods store with his kids a few years back. I can't imagine picking a fight with that guy. :realcrazy: He is one big dude.

Any interview, he seems like a very humble dude. Hard to put in perspective how big some of these players are.
I saw George Laraque in a sporting goods store with his kids a few years back. I can't imagine picking a fight with that guy. :realcrazy: He is one big dude.

Any interview, he seems like a very humble dude. Hard to put in perspective how big some of these players are.
I used to live in the same neighborhood as two of the Winnipeg Blue Bomber players, offensive lineman Miles Gorrell and defensive lineman Doug Brown. I am 6 ft 7 and 290-300 pounds, but I almost felt small standing beside either of them. I often would run into Doug Brown when I was walking my dogs, he had a Weimeraner if I remember right. Both he and Miles were very down to earth and humble people.

I miss going to football games, etc. But with the increasing violence in St.louis it's not worth it to me. I've rode the metro link by myself and there's no way I would do that today.

Here is an enforcer you wouldn’t want to tangle with !
Lee Svangstu … played for our Idaho Stealheads semi pro team . Grew up on a farm on the N Dakota/Canadien border .
The guy standing next to him is probably 5’10 or better ! Lee must be 6’5” and 250 in playing shape . Super nice guy !

IMG_0211.jpeg

Just heard yesterday that Chris Simon passed away from apparent suicide. A feared enforcer.
Sad, as much as I enjoy fighting, it's sad to see the side effects of CTE. Too numerous of athletes with CTE that have taken their own lives.
RIP Chris

-
Back