Hole in frame-spring relocation

-

dart360swinger

Boosted
Reaction score
Im planning to do a "home-brewed" spring relocation on my 72 dart. I want to use the factory holes in the frame for the shackles. Everything I've read says the holes have to be enlarged. How much? What size tube (id, od) should I get to slide into the frame?

Thanks
Jake

Im planning to do a "home-brewed" spring relocation on my 72 dart. I want to use the factory holes in the frame for the shackles. Everything I've read says the holes have to be enlarged. How much? What size tube (id, od) should I get to slide into the frame?

Thanks
Jake
1 inch tube for bushings.Enlarge hole to 1 inch,tac the tube and add a big washer for extra support.Looky here..
car pics 66 Dart 091.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 094.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 092.jpg
Bushings fit nice and snug!:cheers:

car pics 66 Dart 091.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 094.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 092.jpg

If you plan on using S/S springs you may have to move the passenger side hole forward about an inch. Depends on how the shackle is sitting once the car is on the ground. I had to do this to 2 different cars

anywhere special the front goes?

If you are talking about the large bushing on the front of the spring,that goes to the front of the car. It should line up with the factory mounting hole were the original springs where mounted. That also depends on if you are moving your rear axle back at all.

9.jpg

-
Back