Holes in the head. (Memory actually)

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a minute here and thank Bobzilla for helping to plug the hole in my head (memory) on a balance issue with the 5.9 and B&M flex plates. While I know I can mod a OEM/replacement flex plate easy enough, the SFI cert (while it maybe expired) is a standard of sturdiness and toughness over a OEM part. While the YouTube project build starts and the engine being done isn’t going to even tax a OEM plate, the future builds will, I’m sure, will tax the OEM plate and the B&M won’t be taxed like the OEM.

Thank to @Bobzilla for sending me that PM and helping out myself and the seller,
@etngeorge

As I joked, I must be getting a little old?!?! LMAO!
Naaaaa, 56 ain’t old but when you forget things that you thought you knew off the top of your head easy, well, SMH, it makes me wonder.

And a quick question for everyone, how many cc’s is the dish on a 5.9?

I think @Bobzilla is right on. I seem to remember 039-043 for some reason. Maybe 043 is new and 039 is compressed. I don’t know it’s been a long damn time since I used a stock head gasket.

OK thanks fellas. I tell ya what I did. I purchased the Fel-Pro 9898PT and it came to me with the as listed 4.185 bore but, BUT!
The thickness was .058. On line showed .047 - .058, so I thought (AKA ASSUMED WRONGLY!) that is compresses to .047. LOL! I DON’T THINK SO!

So I reordered Cometics @ .027 thick & a 4.04 bore. They arrived earlobes today. I haven’t opened them up yet. At least with the new information about the dish cc amount, I get get a better idea on the C ratio.

When I was a teenager I had a single earring.
The long hair hid it well. Below (17-ish 135-ish) was about as short as it ever was. Now it’s a #3 buzz on the sides and clip to fit.
6BC38B3E-0658-4325-9E28-40A383816555.jpeg

I remember being 135-ish. That was around ten years old.
I graduated high school at 5’9” & 134 lbs., thin as a twig.
17ish? With Budweiser in hand. :thumbsup:
Yea, 16-18 I was in the picture. I could t grow a proper mustache. A cookie duster at best. And yea! Budweiser in hand since 13.

-
Back