Holley 1850 fuel transfer tube seals??

-

mopar56

Reaction score
When rebuilding a holley 600cfm 1850 and replacing the fuel transfer tube seals the holley kit comes with o-rings and seals, what is better o-rings or the seals? Or dose it matter?

Screenshot_20231121_215900_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231121_215838_Chrome.jpg

I like the seals. Much more positive seal.

I've rebuilt literally hundreds of 1850's, never had a problem with the O rings...
But there's a trick to installing them..... Don't push them fully on the tube or seat them fully in the cavity... Just barely start them on the tube then insert the tube into the cavity.... That way the O ring rolls due to contact on the inside & outside... If you just fully seat the O ring they often get pinched & leak...

Ok, I didn't actually see the seals or know what they were for until I was searching the net after, I had only noticed the o rings and used them, I did roll them down the tube but I used some soapy water so they wouldn't pinch, I suppose I could pre fill the bowls with fuel thru the vent tube then tilt the carb back and forth to look for leaks? Failing that, remove and install the other seals.

Ok, I didn't actually see the seals or know what they were for until I was searching the net after, I had only noticed the o rings and used them, I did roll them down the tube but I used some soapy water so they wouldn't pinch, I suppose I could pre fill the bowls with fuel thru the vent tube then tilt the carb back and forth to look for leaks? Failing that, remove and install the other seals.
Filling the carb doesn't do much... They are on the pressurized part of the fuel system, outside the float bowls..

The last time I had one apart of rings were the only thing available.

I use spit to lube them up. Always readily available. lol

Well I think I'll just leave in the o-rings, and see how it goes, worst case I change em out! Confidence is high! Lol
They worked well for a really long time.

-
Back