Holley 350 Throttle Bracket help

-

Stormtrooper72

Reaction score
hiya everyone, Im basically new to the forum but heard from a few people about this site so i might as well give it a shot. I have acquired a 1972 Dodge dart with a slant six and as of now i am having gas petal problems. The car is equipped with a Holley 350 carburetor/shorty headers and from what i can see a lokar kickdown linkage, lokar accelerator cable and a lokar bracket.

It looks like when you press the pedal the throttle arm doesn't go all the way down but the pedel is press down at its fullest (if you can understand that). I want to say its the angle of the cable is off but not sure. I tried playing with the adjustment but that doesn't work. Is there anyone with this setup that i can see a clear picture of the brackets/throttle arm area? Cable or linkage? maybe im missing another bracket to add to the existing lokar setup :)

Personally I don't recommend lokar anything, that stuff is for chevys, joking aside..they bind and have issues like you're having.

I recommend to you to find the linkage for a factory 2 barrel carb and auto trans kick down rod and then pick up a Holley throttle backer for Chrysler apps...better than that lockdown rod... would be to use the lockdown cable off of a dodge truck.

I do have what i believe is a super six kick-down rod and linkage that came with the car as extra parts and a holley throttle bracket which i misplaced somewhere but here is the stock photo of what i have. I don't have the original accelerator cable just the lokar one installed on the car. would love to see a picture to get an idea - you know "monkey see, monkey do":D

holley bracket.jpg

-
Back