Holley 4010/4011

-

C130 Chief

Mechanical Genius
Reaction score
I just came up with one of these for another (non Mopar) project. It's #84021-1 (4011, 650 vac secondary spreadbore).

I know Holley was real proud of these carbs in the late 80's but they dropped them 10 years later. I have some theories why that was, but thats not my question.

Anybody running one of these? Ever run one? Good? Bad? Ugly? Worse than my warped Q-Jet?

Most of my Holley experience had been with gold old 4150/4160's. Supposedly these use most of the same jets/PV's/pumps/squirters etc.

Should I monkey with it or eBay it and try something else.

Well, I have one that needs the secondary cluster. I'd be happy to purchase it from you. Though I'll be honest with ya, it ain't worth much to me and I never see them anywhere. I've been looking for a few years now. I can't seem to ever find one.

Honestly, what I have found, is that performance wise, it is fine for the street. But no performance. The large primarys didn't seem so crisp on a stock 400. I never got to monkey around with it. Rejet it or otherwise. It was on the car as a replacement carb. The gas station I picked up the car from was looking to simply recapture the money from a dead beat, so I got a big block Cordoba for $600. Though, the car did run fine and didn't seem rich at all. Just flat.

To bad the car was trashed. It was a nice car back in the day. White in and out with T tops and a 400.
I replaced it with a T-Q for a much better package.

I destroyed the secondary cluster messing around with a dremel.
Let me know.

Don't know the number?? I put a 650 with vac seconds on my Chevy PU in '82 to replace a q-j, was great for performance on the street and pulling my boat, a 20' 455 Olds powered jet. I picked up mpg from about 11 to 14.

Ive had a couple and never liked them,they were a good idea but they dont seem to fit any application well,not really a great street or strip carb,there are alot better choices for either imo.

Let me know how you make out with it when you start to monkey around with it.

Although I do like and use Holley 4150/4160 carbs, I have tried and do not like the Holley spreadbore carbs. I can only assume Holley discontinued then because they did not work very well which is what I found. I prefer a Q-jet or Thermoquad any day over a Holley spreadbore. I have Q-jets on 3 of my Mopars and they run very well. I am an old GM guy so I am used to tuning a Q-jet, but never the less they are a good carb.

Chuck

The 4011 4010 are odd carbs. They are a 2 part design like the carter. Take off the lid to get to the jets. Easy to work on though.

-
Back