Holley 4779 specs?

-
4779 and 4779-1 have 8.5
4779-2 through 4779-9 have 6.5

Mike's working on one right now. He's got the specs of what he found in it posted
Holley - racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org

Funny I have long term loaner 4778 here with the choke tower cut off and the body restamped 4779-2. But the venturi measurements can not be denied. LOL

Mike's working on one right now. He's got the specs of what he found in it posted
Holley - racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org

Funny I have long term loaner 4778 here with the choke tower cut off and the body restamped 4779-2. But the venturi measurements can not be denied. LOL

Thanks! It looks like his were 0.055". Exactly what I needed. Thanks again.

Pin gauges are really inexpensive...

The orfices can be all over the place.

That's a good idea. I planned on opening it up this weekend anyway.

The reason I ask is the old 4779 I've got needs the PVCRs opened up a bit. The metering blocks on it are from a 4777, so I'm assuming the PVCRs are a bit smaller them, which is why they need to be opened up.

Any idea how much of a change in PVCR size makes much of a difference? Are they like IFRs, where a tiny change can make a big difference in AFR?

Send me an PM with your email.

I have a spreadsheet to help figure out the total area of jets/PVCR.

You can sort of figure out the PVCR sizing if the rear doesn't have a PV. The jet spread area sizing should be very close to the PVCR sizing.

Send me an PM with your email.

I have a spreadsheet to help figure out the total area of jets/PVCR.

You can sort of figure out the PVCR sizing if the rear doesn't have a PV. The jet spread area sizing should be very close to the PVCR sizing.

That's a great though. I'd hadn't though of that. Math... Whoodda thunk! lol PM coming.

Well, I opened up the PVCRs in front from .055" to .059". I'll take it for a spin today to see how it responds. Hopefully the .004" isn't too large of an increase.

Well, I opened up the PVCRs in front from .055" to .059". I'll take it for a spin today to see how it responds. Hopefully the .004" isn't too large of an increase.
Every .004 increase is equal to approx 1 jet number, .059, .063, .067 etc. Don't be surprised if you need to go up to .063 or .067 I always end up dropping primary jet size to lean primary cruise and then dial in WOT with the PVCR up front and SJ.

Every .004 increase is equal to approx 1 jet number, .059, .063, .067 etc. Don't be surprised if you need to go up to .063 or .067 I always end up dropping primary jet size to lean primary cruise and then dial in WOT with the PVCR up front and SJ.

Good to know. Thanks! Ya know, it'd be nice if jet #'s actually reflected their respective orifice size.

-
Back