Holley 600 carb help

-
They are color coded from white black purple yellow silver ans so on there is a chart in the Holley archives do a search,My Dart likes the white on. Me still thinks your pump arm is out of wack.My 600 holley is as follows,68 jets,white vac secondary spring 4.5 power valve,#31 discharge nozzle,red pump cam,now me knows all engines tune different,but that combo has never failed me.I have a 3310 750 that ready to bolt on in the fall only diff is the jets they will be 70,my 68 are a tad lean now.For your spring start a little heavey and work your way to the ligest spring you will know when your there no bog off the line after all is well tuned. good luck you will get there.Don.

The one you bought is correct. The old one has shrunk.

The hesitation may be from the accel pump.

I don't run ANY mopar with only 10* initial timing. Where is your total number now and does it ping at all? Get that total number, dial in the initial to get that correct and fix the curve. It may require you limiting mechanical in the distributor to hit your total number. I'd pump the initial up, it will idle cleaner and may get rid of the hesitation. If it's got any kind of aftermarket cam, at least 16 initial would be my suggestion.
I replaced the accelerator pump diaphragm and adjusted the arm to just touching at the stop and .015 gap at full throttle. I also replaced the secondaries vacuum diaphragm.
I marked my damper and reset initial timing at about 16-17 degrees(can't see marks real well, alternator in the way. Checked total timing, it looks to be at about 37-38 degrees.
Hesitation has improved but only checked idling in the barn. Will take it out on the road after it dries up a bit out here. Let you all know more after I road test it.

Thanks guys, Rog

this seams to be my issue... i just put a holley 1850-2 on my 318 and it will stall out if i get into the throttle slowly.

but if you bump it a few fast times it will idle past its bad spot.

im going to try adjusting the accelerator pump and linkage tomorrow hopfully that will do it since i just got done rebuilding it.

-
Back