Holley 650 DP Info/help

-

Charger74

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 650 DP on my stock basically stock 5.9L magnum engine. I had it on my 360LA last summer and it was decent other then a slight bog from stand still. So I'm wondering if any one can help me with a quick question about how to delay the secondaries from opening so soon.

I'm going to rejet the carb, accelerator pump kit and the discharge nozzles a few sizes smaller then whats in it now. (Running rich btw)

Will the pump cams delay the secondaries so i can get the rpm up a bit higher to use the extra fuel and air?

You can change the secondary opening delay rate by getting a spring kit.
The kit has an assortment of springs from light to heavy.
The spring is located in the vacuum canister.

I have mechanical secondaries. I had a vacuum carb but i was always trying to get it set right so i swapped it to a holley which was great but i just get to much fuel at cruising or under load like going up a hill. I dont possess enough knowledge on the mechanical carb and would like some feed back to hooefully save me so.e time.

With a DP, you are in charge of when and how fast the secondaries open.
A slight bog from stand still is hardly likely to be a secondary issue.It is far more likely the accelerator pump system, combined with a low engine vacuum, very likely due to lazy/late ignition timing.I think you need to go to the Holley site and do some reading there. They have excellent system descriptions.
And no the pump cams have nothing to do with the secondary tip-in.

-
Back