-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dartkory

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm selling my 650 ultra double pumper that is in perfect condition. I ran it on my car for about a week but it was just too much carb for my 318. The part number is 0-76650BK. Pm me your email or cell number and I can send you pics. The carb was $515 so I'm asking $350 firm, plus whatever shipping would be. Thanks -kory

I have a 340 with a pretty big cam (not sure on specs, unfortunately), single plane intake, ~9.5 or 10:1 comp., stock J heads (larger valves), and headers. Do you think this would be big enough to feed that? I'm not too familiar with the double pumpers. I have a Holley 3310 750cfm carb with vacuum secondaries and I heard that this could be replaced with a 650 double pumper.

Also, when was it last run? Has the fuel been flushed out to maintain the seals?
Thanks

-Mike

I WISH that, If sellers are gonna take the time to place an Ad...to at least upload pictures. I know its not a REQUIREMENT...but it sure is nice to get to SEE what is for sale instead of trying to guess if you want to get in line on a unforeseen part.....I mean no doubt you have the carb....but you could justify your PRICE alot better with a few pictures.....I can get a 650/750 off ebay and throw a $45 rebuild kit at it sooo fast....show us why we all shouldnt.

Ok well thanks for that prine. As I stated if anyone sends me their email or cell number I can send them pics cause I'm not sure how to upload pics. Anyways 73swingerbuild, I honestly think this carb would be much better suited to a 340 but I know they say double pumpers work best if your car is a manual, but mine was an automatic and it ran great but when I bumbled up the primary and secondary squirters it made it even better. Which is another thing I can throw in because I put everything back to stock so whoever the buyer is wouldn't be guessing on parts. And yes I dried it all out when I put the stock jets back in.

My car is a four speed manual, so that sounds fitting lol. I will PM you my email, but I won't know until the end of the week if I can buy. My car is being painted right now, so any extra money I think I have may soon be gone.

I don't think this carb has a choke, but if so, what type? (For me and anybody else looking)

Here ya go....

Attachments

• image (2).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 284
  • image (3).jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 275
  • image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 282
Could someone correct me if I'm wrong, but.....I would think going from a 750 vacuum to a 650 DP would be an instant drop in power. IIRC, a DP will give you instant hiccup-free power from outta the hole @ wide open throttle, but flow is flow. If that 3310 750 vacuum is set up right, I'd think your 340 would HAVE to make more power, 340SwingerBuild.

I also don't see how a 650 could be too much for a 318 either. Geez, they came with 750 Thermoquads on the low-compression smoggy 80's 318's.

I ran a manual choke eddy 750 ran amazing but blew black smoke, ran the 650 dp ran great and blew black smoke, now running a manual choke eddy 600 and runs great but no black smoke. And yes I tried tuning the dp and jetted it down so much to the point it would just bog. So it's just not right on my motor. Maybe someone else has better tuning capabilities than I do that could tune it perfect to a 318 but I tried and couldn't get it

Yup......well, it can't bog and blow black smoke too. Bogging = lean; Black smoke = rich. Now if you set there and snap the throttle open and closed when the car is running in "Park", you WILL see black smoke from those big ol' accelerator pumps doing their thing, but that's just what's gonna happen. That's not a real world driving condition, revving it while it's sitting there.

It only blew black smoke when it was running great. But I tried putting in smaller jets and uping the squirters but didn't help much

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back