Holley 670 Hesitation into Secondaries

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Like the title says. I have a hesitation before the Secondaries open up. I have a set of springs that came with the carb but not sure which one to install or if I should be doing something else.

If the hesitation is before the secondaries open, the problem is in the primaries.

But, what you are probably experiencing is the secondaries opening too quickly which causes a momentary lean bog. A stiffer spring might smooth things out.

Now that is weird to think about.

Yes, if I kick it down. There is a slight delay and then it takes off. I also jumped 2 sizes in the primaries when I put the carb in, but damn it I cant find where I wrote down what I swapped to.

Hmmmm, now to find out what color spring to try.

I am lost. Why would you have changed something before you even drove it?

I talked to a local carb performance shop and they highly recommened that I switch to larger primaries. I still have the original jets and can swap back to those if you all think i should

I wouldn't have changed a thing until I had a baseline. But whatever floats your boat I reckon.

Those carbs are ready to run out of the box and usually dont need anything more than idle adjustment. I would start from scratch. The ones I checked even had air fuel mixture right on.

Well I aint promising nuthin. lol It's just like tekslk said. It's always best to try it like it comes. Them guys at Holley ain't stupid.

Those carbs are ready to run out of the box and usually dont need anything more than idle adjustment. I would start from scratch. The ones I checked even had air fuel mixture right on.

Thanks I'll go back to factory and give it a shot

Well I aint promising nuthin. lol It's just like tekslk said. It's always best to try it like it comes. Them guys at Holley ain't stupid.

No I imagine they are not. LOL.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Will be interesting to see you change back to the #65 jets too lean if you ask me.Dang i still havent put my 670 on my 600 rebuilt runs great.

Yep I changed back to the stock 65 jets. The guy at the carb shop gave me 69's (hehehehe) which where way to rich. Switching back to the 65's took away the little miss feeling I had on very light throttle.

Although, the hesitation into the secondaries seems longer now. I kick it down and there is a delay before they come in. Almost like the car is about to nose dive like your letting off the gas then takes off.

Those carbs come with a "plain" sec'd spring. Drop a "Yellow" in the pod if you have one and see how it reacts.

-
Back