Holley 750 hp vacuum secondary or Holley Double pumper?

-
No, the choke does that for you
The carb doesn’t have a choke, and it sneezes (as he phrases it) initially when cold. He can slightly richen his idle circuit to likely eliminate that, without then being overly rich when warm. Or just live with it. We’ve no idea if he’s really lean or a little lean at the moment. I think some are missing the concept. Only talking about richening to eliminate his minor when cold issue. Not making it pig rich. Let’s call it fine tuning for the circumstance.
If you had no choke, will never have a choke and it’s cold in the morning 365 days of the year what would others do? Leave and live with it as is until warm or tweak and see if you can eliminate it? Tweak it.:thumbsup:

Whoops! My bad! I was thinking he had a choke when I replied, obviously. Thanks 12!

No, the choke does that for you.

No, it should be possible to be quicker with the DP. A minor amount, but yet there. The thing being is you can open up the secondaries quicker. One of the things about a DP is you can open them up to early. This you’ll learn by feel and/or drag strip testing.
Ok, buying a DP is not worth the price for a small improvement.

1; 750 cfm yes.

2; I think the money goes to Holley anyway. Pick what ever carb makes you happy.

A
I think you really want to get a double pumper. I would get one ASAP and never look back. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aed-750hpho-bk:lol:
I agree, maybe that’s what I wanted all along. One last thing, I always use vacuum secondaries on duel plain intake manifold and DP on single plane. Will a DP work with with the Edelbrock air gap rpm intake. I’ve been away from Mopars for a while.

A

I agree, maybe that what I wanted to along. One last thing, I always use vacuum secondaries on duel plain intake manifold and DP on single plane. Will a DP work with with the Edelbrock air gap rpm intake. I’ve been away from Mopars for a while.
IMO either carb will work. And work fine but one will eventually win out if and when you progress and start to get serious. If you were undisciplined with your foot and only knew to mash the throttle and let things happen as they will well then a VS would be the ideal.
It’s Controlled or control. Like a fully automatic trans with kickdown vs. a manual valve body auto or a manual trans. Just like using the brakes of a car. Antilock abs etc is great if you panic stop all the time wet, dry, ice, snow. Or manual brakes.
Controlled vs. control. I like control.
DP and control it yourself. You have a setup that a DP will compliment ideally.

Thank you guys, it sound like the HP 750 vacuum secondary is great for street strip. I need to Make it a little richer for the cold start. Will the mechanical secondary et or have the same trap speed at the drags as a vacuum secondary carb?
Be sure to tune the vacuum secondary spring to get your carb flowing as early as possible without bogging. I have a very similar setup to you except that I use 3.23 gears with a 408 engine. I installed the next to lightest spring (orange) and there is no bog but it pulls strongly. I also have a 750DP that works OK, but even after changing the jets the plugs are black except for the very tip of the porcelain that is white. DP's are fun because the carb can come alive all at once, but you certainly don't need that with your setup.

All of you guys are making good points about the opening of the secondaries on the two types of carbs. Thank you

-
Back