Holley 750 what to look for?

-

Idaho

Reaction score
I'm planning to use a 750 double pumper mech secondary on my 360 magnum build per advice from Brian at IMM who will supply RHS heads.

I see a lot of these on EBAY but just not sure exactly what I should be looking for there seem to be a number of variants. I'd like to save some cash and don't mind doing a rebuild, just don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Suggestions?

Sorry it is actually a # 04779-C which is the traditional old school, 750 Double Pumper, Mech Secondaries with a manual choke. Run that exact 1 on my 340 except the choke horn has been milled off, & smoothed out. so mine looks more like this now which is there HP series.

Attachments

• hly-0-80675_w.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 227
mrdodge69: #04779-C, that's a good carb. Very tunable.

Sounds like a consensus.
Thanks.

The 4779 works VERY good.

If you can afford to run the HP series, I'd get one. They are very tunable, BUT, you can get yourself in trouble if you are not clear about what to do with all the extra do-dads.

If you're looking for a new Holley, but want a bit better deal than Summit or Jeg's, take a look at Holley's factory refurbs on their ebay store.

That's the route I went with my last Holley and I have to say, if I didn't know any better, I would've thought it was a new carb. I saved at least $100 over a new one. :cheers:

Here's a link to their ebay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/Holley-Performance

Thanks guys. A member here contacted me by PM and will be selling me a used one.

what out for slop on the throttle shafts
I think you mean Watch out.

inspect the carb to see if the shafts have much movement (sideways). If they do, pass on it as it is worn out and air will leak through causing you tuning problems.

if it falls thru i have a gr8 holley 750 double pump gr8 for strokers will neeed a cleaning and alll there if you want to rebuild 150.00 + ride

That's a great deal. I already made a deal.
Thanks. Someone should grab that.

-
Back