Holley Blue Fuel Pumps

-
Tank vent problem, or leak in pump feed line pulling in air into pump ?

Thats a good place to look. leave the gas cap loose and see if the problem goes a way.

I had a rotted rubber hose on my vent line....... replaced it, and had all kinds of starvation problems. The metal vent line going above the tank was full of bug spider and what not, cause the fuel tank to have a vac. at full throttle.

Swap that POS Blue pump for a Walbro GSL-392, Way Quite and will out perform what you have easily. The Walbro is good for about 600HP and you can barely hear it running.
$100.00 Problem solved.

what regulator did you use for a carb application to go from 60 psi down to 5 psi. i imagine this has to be a return line system too. Or did you dead head it.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but anybody have any ideas. on the Walbro pump and regulator.

I have run the Holley blue for years on my jeep it has runs great. And this has been dunked through water and mud! Only had one problem if the pump loose voltage it will stop wa

I had problems with the blue pump too
Switched to the black pump no problems

Dead heading will cook pump motor as fuel is passing/cooling way too slow, (also heating fuel). A bypass regulator will constantly flow cool fuel past the pump and keep the windings cooler than stagnant fuel. And the return line churns the tank fuel so any rust will eventually be collected in the primary fuel filter giving you a spanking clean tank. Remember to run a filter before and after.

-
Back