holley carb guru's

-

VDART

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1966 valiant slant with a 4 bbl carb-- well the prior owner JB welded one of the secondary venturi's.

Holley 390 4 bbl-- will get numbers later.

1. can anyone replace just this item?
2. is the carb now a junk carb
3. is there any adhesive that will with stand this bond?
4. anyone have a 390 cfm carb for cheap?
thanks Lawrence

As to your orig. question, i'd like to know why? As Demon said, shoot us some pictures.

no pics-- the rear left center venturi is busted at the mount - prior owner jb welded it back into place---(this is not a workable fix)
http://ataftcollins.com/images/services/engine/holley-carb.jpg

the brass circle that extends into the middle of each bore on a 4 bbl holley carb
the link has a std diagram of a holley carb-- it shows the rear 2 venturi boosters-- (the front 2 are covered by the choke plate.)

I want to know if this can be fixed or is the carb junk I'm not going to pay $$ that is close to a new carb to fix it either .

Thanks for the pm I will follow up ,Lawrence

Well it does sound like the carb has had it's better days. A new one might be the call you need to make.

no pics-- the rear left center venturi is busted at the mount - prior owner jb welded it back into place---(this is not a workable fix)
http://ataftcollins.com/images/services/engine/holley-carb.jpg

the brass circle that extends into the middle of each bore on a 4 bbl holley carb
the link has a std diagram of a holley carb-- it shows the rear 2 venturi boosters-- (the front 2 are covered by the choke plate.)

I want to know if this can be fixed or is the carb junk I'm not going to pay $$ that is close to a new carb to fix it either .

Thanks for the pm I will follow up ,Lawrence

I believe your talking about where the booster seats. if that's the case you would need a new main body and therefor it's probably junk.

Have you tried to run the engine? Does the carb not work? If its not working or running because of this. i would take the jb weld off and look at where its broke or why it was put on to begin with. It may be that it just needs a new booster. I wouldnt think that some one could bust the body by taking them off and on. There is some epoxy that you mix that gas wont eat. I had a rust hole in a gas tank and used it, never leaked. and its clear.

I can drive the car-- the idle circuit would not clean up--( example rough at a steady 30 mph) -- floor it & it goes great .

cool, thanks guys -- holley tech also wanted a picture-- so for your viewing pleasure I'll post one up.
i'll check the summit site & see if any match this puppy-- thanks again.
Lawrence

Attachments

• ac 009 (Large).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 186
  • ac 011 (Large).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 175
If your gonna have a new one swedged in I would check the other three to may sure they are tight. I have seen the boosters loose to where they wiggle around in the main body.

I don't see a problem there. Replace the boosters, as mentioned above.

If someone close does full scale holley rebuilds, they should have the parts and tools to reinstall a booster. Most carb places don't seem to have them.

Check with Bo Laws Performance for the parts and tools to make that repair.

http://www.blp.com/

Sorry man looks like a lost cause to me. If i were you i would sell the carb and intake to me, get that problem out of your hands. I of course being the nice guy that i am would send you my cast iron intake and one barrel carb to you just to help you out. lmao

63 D W I'll keep that in mind, I've had a similar conversation with the owner of a 62 valiant, (i used to own it)

Attachments

• buc 011 (Large).jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 122
  • buc 010 (Large).jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 134
-
Back