Holley carb ID

-
Reaction score
I have a 1964 270 Dart, it has a 1967/6 with a unknown 2 barrel intake and getting to what my ???? is how can I idenify the mod of holley carb i have???????? looks like rebuild time!!!!

Thanks MOe:sign3:

There should be an ID number on it. Usually, it will say "list" and then a number but not all models do that. Post any numbers you have an I'll look in the book.

should be a 2280 if its a Holley
cross referenced from R-7886
The Holley 2280 was introduced as a bolt-on economy replacement for the BBD on 318s. Eventually Chrysler made it the factory carb for the 318 and the slant six. The 2280 has an airflow of around 250 CFM, and is a direct bolt-on for the BBD. One advantage to the 2280 is that it does not have the same throttle bushing wear problems as the BBD. Similar to the BBD, V-8 and slant six 2280s have different linkages. Also similar to the BBD, the choke flap linkage can be cut and reattached to adapt the 318 carb to a slant six. 2280s also require the use of a thicker carb base gasket between the carb and the manifold. If a thin gasket is used, the throttle linkage of the 2280 will hit the intake manifold and not open fully. The intake manifold itself can also be modified to allow the needed throttle linkage clearance

My books show a Carter BBD #1433 in 1967 on later models they used the Holly (late 70s)

WOW that was some great information thanks a lot . Took it apart and cleaned it and blew it out with air put it back together and runs fine and it 's hot today one thing I did find in the bottom of the bowl was , (Made in Japan)

Thanks again. Moe:

-
Back