Holley carb jetting recomendaions needed

-

73dodgearcher

Reaction score
All right. I am in need of some recommendations for the jet sizes I should use in my barrowed 750hp.

My cars specs are:

1975 dart sport
360 la stock stroke and unknown bore w/ about 10:1 compression
360 j heads with 2.08" intake and 1.60" exhaust valves
MP .528 cam
Eddy performer intake
2" carb spacer
Distributor is locked out
Timing is at 36 degrees
998 transmission with a MP 175k converter
8.75" rear with 3.91
Car weighs 2750 with me in it

I hope to shift at 6000 to 6500 rpm.
Any info would be helpful.

Is this a streeet or drag car? What size and type carb( double pumper or vac. secondary)? As stated,start with the stock jets, make 2 passes ( or drive a couple miles) then read the plugs, you're looking for a grayish color. If they're black its too rich , back down 2 sizes on jet & drive again. If white go up 2 sizes. When you have it close take it to the track make a few passes to get a base line et number, then go up or down 1 jet size .The car will either get faster or slower depending on which way you went. Do this until max et is achived!

Is this a streeet or drag car? What size and type carb( double pumper or vac. secondary)? As stated,start with the stock jets, make 2 passes ( or drive a couple miles) then read the plugs, you're looking for a grayish color. If they're black its too rich , back down 2 sizes on jet & drive again. If white go up 2 sizes. When you have it close take it to the track make a few passes to get a base line et number, then go up or down 1 jet size .The car will either get faster or slower depending on which way you went. Do this until max et is achived!

for some reason i always thought you jetted for fastest mph.

start with stock jetting...looks like you are in central kalifornia with good air.

-
Back