Holley combinations

-

T67POWER

Reaction score
Do you feel that your holley carb is set up right and works perfect for you???

If you feel that it is, then please list what your combination of carb parts are.

JETS\PUMP SHOT SIZE-FRONT AND REAR\ACCELERATOR PUMP CAMS AND THERE POSITION (HOLE USED)PLUS MOST IMPORTANT THE COLOR USED\CC'S FOR THE ACCELERATOR PUMP\AND WHAT POWER VALVE.

THIS INFO WILL HELP ALL THE MOPARS GO FASTER AND FASTER.
:glasses9:CALLING ALL HOLLEY SCIENTIST( THANKS \\\\ T67POWER)

P.S.PLEASE LIST WHAT KIND OF SPACER YOU USE IF YOU USE ONE.

i have a holley 4150 600cfm DP on my SL6, heavy ported head, .510 cam, .080 over bore, 9.2:1 comp (for now), over sized valves, clifford 4 barrel manifold, hooker super comp headers. intake and exhaust port matched.

i have it sort of tuned, stock tranny/converter(1800 stall) really hurting tune-ablitly.

i daily drive it and get about 16-19 mpg

If you feel that it is, then please list what your combination of carb parts are.

JETS\PUMP SHOT SIZE-FRONT AND REAR\ACCELERATOR PUMP CAMS AND THERE POSITION (HOLE USED)PLUS MOST IMPORTANT THE COLOR USED\CC'S FOR THE ACCELERATOR PUMP\AND WHAT POWER VALVE.

There really are too many variables for a combo to be of any use as a standard.
Every car wants something different.

Babyblue66,
When talking carbs there is no standard that would work for everyone.
Thats what this question is all about.WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.

There is more parts in a carb that effect how a engine runs then any other part on the car.
It's the most adjustable peice there is and as far as trying to tune a motor it's the biggest pay off when you get it right.
If i had to pick a subject that was more over looked as far as making power ,it is how the carb is set up to run with a given combination.
IF THE FASTEST RACERS ON HERE GOT TOGETHER WITH THE SLOWEST RACERS ,WHAT WOULD BE THE FIRST THING THEY WOULD DO TO THE SLOW RACERS CAR????? :scratch:

ADJUST THE TOTAL TIMING AND TUNE THE CARB.

I have seen more people pissed off at there engine for not performing the way it sould, and them blaming the parts they installed in it,when all along it's the carb and the total timing.

I have a 1969 Dodge Dart GT 360 30 over ede heads mild port, Headman 1 5/8 headers, comp xe284, stock crank and rods, speed pro 4 valve relief hyper 9.5-1 comp, ede air gap, mopar ductile rockers, msd pro billet dist (1 silver (light spring) 1 Blue (light)spring) biggest bushing (black) 18 base 34 total,champion RC12LYC gap 40, 727 2800 stall, turbo action full manual foward pattern valve body, 8 3/4 742 clutch type sure grip.

Holley 0-82751 750 CFM mechanical sec 4150HP Four Barrel Street/Strip Carburetor

1" phenolic spacer,Front butterflies drilled 1/8", front transfer slot looks like a square, rear slot barely showing. idle mixture screws 1/2 turn out, front squirter 28 rear 31, primary 70 secondary 75, idles at 1000- 800 in gear.

Pops from exhaust at cruise rpms less than 3000, smells rich at idle but goes like a bat out a hell foot braking from 1800-6000

I have a 1969 Dodge Dart GT 360 30 over ede heads mild port, Headman 1 5/8 headers, comp xe284, stock crank and rods, speed pro 4 valve relief hyper 9.5-1 comp, ede air gap, mopar ductile rockers, msd pro billet dist (1 silver (light spring) 1 Blue (light)spring) biggest bushing (black) 18 base 34 total,champion RC12LYC gap 40, 727 2800 stall, turbo action full manual foward pattern valve body, 8 3/4 742 clutch type sure grip.

Holley 0-82751 750 CFM mechanical sec 4150HP Four Barrel Street/Strip Carburetor

1" phenolic spacer,Front butterflies drilled 1/8", front transfer slot looks like a square, rear slot barely showing. idle mixture screws 1/2 turn out, front squirter 28 rear 31, primary 70 secondary 75, idles at 1000- 800 in gear.

Pops from exhaust at cruise rpms less than 3000, smells rich at idle but goes like a bat out a hell foot braking from 1800-6000

Idle circuit is too rich, you might consider increasing the IABs or decreasing the IFRs about .003" each (all 4). Thats if this is a 4 corner idling system, if its 2 corner, i'd make it 4 corner.

I tried putting wire in the IFRs did not help. Its not the stinky idle that bothers me. Its the popping from the exhaust/inconstant rpm at cruise speed that is bugging me.

I just got it out from storage Monday. Got the timing were it wants to be and have been playing with the carb. I forgot my vacuum gauge at home today so tomorrow I will check to see what the cruise vacuum is.

It has the stock 4.5 pv in.

My best Holley setup???....sitting on the shelf....Carter/Edelbrock on the engine!!!:-D:-D:-D

I have seen more people pissed off at there engine for not performing the way it sould, and them blaming the parts they installed in it,when all along it's the carb and the total timing.

I agree, also too little initial timing can make tuning a pain.

-
Back