Holley electric choke vacuum port

-

dust

B5PistolGrip.com
Reaction score
What is this tiny port below the electric choke on the 870 cfm Holley Street Avenger? See attachment.

Attachments

• 20151010_111043.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 256
Somewhere, on the Holley site, are destructions regarding their electric chokes. Mine pretty much "fell off" LOL

I don't know about that Holley, but some carbs have a choke pull-off piston there, operated by vacuum. When the car starts the vacuum tilts open the choke a small amount.

I cannot see a vacuum port. Can you get a better picture? If it comes straight out of the base plate, it probably should be plugged. The large nut looking fitting behind the choke is the inlet for the vacuum piston.....which is clearly visible as the round cylinder on the front of the choke housing sticking down about 5 o'clock.

If you block it the choke will overheat. All it does is let some air flow past the choke housing. That's why it has the bronze filter on it, to keep dirt out.

If you block it the choke will overheat. All it does is let some air flow past the choke housing. That's why it has the bronze filter on it, to keep dirt out.

Yep, airflow vent inlet for the choke.

I am not talking about blocking that one. I mean the one he is pointing to. That has zero to do with the choke. At least from what I "cannot" see.

I don't know about that Holley, but some carbs have a choke pull-off piston there, operated by vacuum. When the car starts the vacuum tilts open the choke a small amount.
Thanks, KitCarlson. I needed to know the name of it: "choke pull-off piston". Holley failed to include the part in the instructions or exploded view. I theorize that it's only one the 870 Street Avengers.

I cannot see a vacuum port. Can you get a better picture? If it comes straight out of the base plate, it probably should be plugged. The large nut looking fitting behind the choke is the inlet for the vacuum piston.....which is clearly visible as the round cylinder on the front of the choke housing sticking down about 5 o'clock.

Its just below the port your talking about. Follow the vacuum line from the tee to it, I had to look real close. I've never seen one there before.

Like I said, if it is IN THE BASEPLATE, it has ZERO to do with the choke.

-
Back