Holley Mechanical Fuel Pump

-

spacewelder

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with these? I can not even find fittings that will work with the brand new one I bought. I am so frustrated with this piece of junk. I think I will have to return it. Let me know if you have had the something happen and what you did. By the way I bought the 110 GPH one for my 318 stroker. I did not want to use and electrical one but I just might have to.

Hmmm... I just bought the same pump for my 360... I haven't gotten into the install yet.

What do you mean you can't find fittings? The ports are 1/4 npt threads. What type of fuel line are you running? I have a couple short rubber lines so I'm going to need a hose barb for the inlet.

I have looked mine over and I don't see any issues. I don't really understand what your trouble is.... Is yours running and leaking? Or not pumping?

your rubber fuel line into a 1/4 " male inlet fitting, and a standard fuel line out...... i dont see the problem either

Well, after checking the thread pitch on mine they are not 1/4 NPT! It looks as if they made a mistake on this one as the thread pitch is no where near that! I have a call into holley for this one. Looks as if I got one that slipped through quality and hit the floor! What a pain in the AXX. My last few holley products have been junk and that sucks as I have used them for years. Maybe time to change!

Not that I don't believe you but you do know what 1/4" NPT looks like right? Its a tappered pipe thread, not a UNC machine thread. Mine looks right. I don't have anything to thread in yet but it looks close. I'm sure its possible holley messed up. If it ever warms up I'll get into mine more.

I am sure I know what it is. Sorry to hear you have to let it warm up. Sunny and 70 here in socal! Yes I do believe they screwed it up.

I threaded a 1/4" NPT fitting into mine today and is seems OK... it started fine and tightened up pretty fast by hand. I think the plating is on the threads which doesn't help but with a little T tape and a wrench mine will be fine.

I did hear that Holley and most other suppliers send most of their defective stuff to SoCal... Fits right in down there.

I threaded a 1/4" NPT fitting into mine today and is seems OK... it started fine and tightened up pretty fast by hand. I think the plating is on the threads which doesn't help but with a little T tape and a wrench mine will be fine.

I have the same one and I thought it was wrong at first because it got tight very fast as Dart Sport 360 said. It doesn't leak with me and I haven't had any problems that I can see or feel so far. It's been in about 3,000 miles now. I use liquid thread sealant.

-
Back