Holley/Mopar '6160' carb

-

MopaR&D

Nerd Member
Reaction score
My cousin's 1972 Polara 440 came with a Holley 4-bbl. with "LIST-6160-1" stamped on the choke tower. Not much info about them online, only that they are an OEM Chrysler carb made by Holley. I have a new 360 Magnum in my '70 Duster with a 625 cfm Carter AFB that runs OK but not great (runs a little lean, needs tuning). Would I notice a difference in performance if I rebuilt this old Holley and swapped it on vs. tuning the Carter or is it not worth the trouble?

i would tune the carter instead of a 40 yr old oem carb...

how does a carb run lean in denver?....lol

I wondered the same thing, this carb ran pretty rich on my old worn out 318 so I wasn't sure what to expect. I think the jump to 370 cubes (360 .060-over) and 10.5:1 compression made a big enough difference in airflow...

Anyway I swapped the step-up springs today and that definitely made a difference, you can feel the point when you reach the vacuum where the metering rods change height. I think it runs a little lean on the 'cruise' step but once the 'power' step comes on it pulls REAL hard, you can even hear a little change in tone of the engine with my loud mufflers (SO COOL lol). That's OK with me since I want to cruise a lot anyway and would like to save gas however possible.

Still is the old Holley worth saving and rebuilding or should I sell it? Do those carbs go for any decent amount of money for restorers?

not really worth alot of money,but prob worth some et over the carter with tunig.i had one on my 70 rr 383 and it ran real well after i dialed it in....

-
Back