Holley needle and seat gaskets

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
Any of you that have used Holley carbs with adjustable needle and seat will have to replace the gaskets eventually. There are 2 different gaskets, one for the screw and one for the nut. When ordering them, I noticed that the one on the bottom under the nut is called the "top" gasket and the one on top of the nut between the nut and the screw is called the "bottom" gasket. Does anybody know why Holley calls the top one the bottom and vice versa??

My impression is that the engineers view the gasket under the nut as the top bowl gasket, and the one under the screw as the bottom adjuster screw. That's from a few years of working dealership and jobber parts...lol.
BTW - I use the nylon versions available now. They last years with lots of adjustments.

My impression is that the engineers view the gasket under the nut as the top bowl gasket, and the one under the screw as the bottom adjuster screw. That's from a few years of working dealership and jobber parts...lol.
BTW - I use the nylon versions available now. They last years with lots of adjustments.
Are the nylon ones the Quick Fuel ones or does Holley make nylon ones?

The nylon ones were in the Holley Trick Kit I bought last year.

-
Back