Holley sniper bbd

-

Docmcg

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully installed the Holley sniper bbd on their slant? I know It’s designed for the Jeep six cylinder motors, but wondering if it could work on a slant six. Anyone?

I don't see why not, if you can overcome the mechanical problems, IE kickdown if automatic, mounting, sealing, etc. You don't have to worry too much about oversizing as you do with a carb as there are no venturies or vacuum signal to worry about, so long as the unit has injector(s) that are within reason for the engine, and you can change them for larger or smaller, likely

I was thinking about putting one on my wife's CJ-5.
I can take a couple pictures of the stock BBD on the CJ-5 for you to compare linkage etc.

Thanks for the replies guys. My main concern is the electronics involved. Not my strongest suit! I’m planning on electronic ignition, have a new distributor already. Just need info on how it will all act together. We’ see when and if I get that far along. Thanks, Steve.

Pretty sure it will all but bolt right on even if an automatic, since the Jeeps often used the Torqueflite. It will be minor stuff at the most to make everything work, I am sure.

Thanks for the replies guys. My main concern is the electronics involved. Not my strongest suit! I’m planning on electronic ignition, have a new distributor already. Just need info on how it will all act together. We’ see when and if I get that far along. Thanks, Steve.
For one thing, go look up and get on the Holley forum. Doug, I forget his last name, does or did work for Holley and is very very knowledgeable and helpful

-
Back