Holley spreadbore acc/pump question

-

speedyb-cc

speedyb
Reaction score
I have a spread bore double pumper on the 318 and it stumbles coming off idle, looking at the pump nozzle it squirts right onto the choke flap instead of down the bore. Does it maybe have the wrong nozzle on it? The nozzle is in the center pointing towards the front of the carb.
Thanks and God Bless
Bruce

Got a list number? It should be stamped into the air horn.

The nozzle could be installed upside down or have a bad gasket. Or....There could have been a poor attempt at drilling out the orifices.

The list is 6210-3, the nozzle in front is different than the one in the rear. It has rectangular sides sticking out all the way down the side where the fuel squirts out, the rear is cylinder with small projections for the squirters, If the choke is partially closed it misses but don't want to run like that @ $319/gallon. Got this at a car swap meet so anything is possible. I'll pull the front nozzle tomorrow and look it over closer.
Bruce

Joe
My front one is like what the diagram shows the rear is different but it works fine. Maybe I should just notch the choke flap or remove it. I'm going to start on it shortly.
Bruce

That pump shot should be hitting the boosters. Removing the choke flap is good for a few more CFM's, but will not help the pumpshot do what it should do, cover the dead spot caused by the opening of the butterflies and slowing air and lean condition when it happens.

Is it possible or advisable to bend the shooters nozzles?

Got the front out and cleaned it up must have been partially plugged works fine now. Thanks for the help guys
Bruce

-
Back