HOLY BARN FIND!!!

-
Just proves that this stuff is still out there. The good deals are not all gone.

Slightly old post, but figured I'd correct some speculation. Randy is a friend of mine, and I purchased the 70 R/T from the widow/estate. She is/was aware of the values of these cars, which is why she hired Randy to appraise, sell, and find forever homes for them all while getting her top dollar for them. Mark, who owned them bought these in the 70's and hung on to them all these years, all were very complete, and although people ask "Why were they left outside" The Charger 500 was kept in the one garage space he had available. I think he actually took good care in preserving them for a 71 year old, and having them in the heat of Tucson, AZ... So far the Hemi Challenger, Coronet R/T, and the Shelby Mustang have been sold, The Chargers are still available.

As for "good deals" Guess it depends who you ask, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I will say the Challenger exceeded $100K, So they were far from "cheap"...

Slightly old post, but figured I'd correct some speculation. Randy is a friend of mine, and I purchased the 70 R/T from the widow/estate. She is/was aware of the values of these cars, which is why she hired Randy to appraise, sell, and find forever homes for them all while getting her top dollar for them. Mark, who owned them bought these in the 70's and hung on to them all these years, all were very complete, and although people ask "Why were they left outside" The Charger 500 was kept in the one garage space he had available. I think he actually took good care in preserving them for a 71 year old, and having them in the heat of Tucson, AZ... So far the Hemi Challenger, Coronet R/T, and the Shelby Mustang have been sold, The Chargers are still available.

As for "good deals" Guess it depends who you ask, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I will say the Challenger exceeded $100K, So they were far from "cheap"...

That's good. I am glad they are being saved and gotten good money for. Those cars are all a big part of automotive history.

The Charger 500 is in my top 3 Mopars to have. Like you said "good deals" are relative, but they are still out there. P.S. Dusters are in my top 3 also.

The Charger 500 is in my top 3 Mopars to have. Like you said "good deals" are relative, but they are still out there. P.S. Dusters are in my top 3 also.

Same here... My 3 are the 70 440 Six Pack, 4 speed Coronet R/T, A 71 Duster 496, and a 1966 A100 Dodge van that's channeled and on air ride.

Same here... My 3 are the 70 440 Six Pack, 4 speed Coronet R/T, A 71 Duster 496, and a 1966 A100 Dodge van that's channeled and on air ride.

You bought the 70 R/T 440-6 out of that same collection, correct ?

Thanks for the follow up on the story, great to know that the widow is getting fair value for those cars and that they are going to be preserved/restored and continue to inspire.

I've driven a 71 Hemi Challenger, it was not as impressive as I had expected or hoped, piss poor handling, barely adequate brakes (front disc/rear drum), and brutal ride quality. Great for smoking the rear tires though, 4.10 gears with a 727.

Thread clean up on page 2
images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT6qsnSyzzKGOG8JbowJl_h6Xv_wbbdkF6vlw&usqp=CAU.jpg

-
Back