Holy cow..200 mph small block Mopar N/A

-
Wouldn't really call it a mopar with those heads though... the bottom end could be just bout anything with those heads on it

just like all those chevy 410's in the open wheel sprint cars , there is not much factory stuff in or on one of them . and most of the high end racers don't run factory stuff , it's what the rules say can be done . on my salt flats racer , i running a class the only allows you to run some factory 1959 or earlier block and heads , the ci is a limited too . but the rest of the components can be any bodies parts .

Wouldn't really call it a mopar with those heads though... the bottom end could be just bout anything with those heads on it
I'm mixed, I get your point though, but you can really say that with any aftermarket heads. How far from original design it stops being the original engine, is a 350 chevy with 18 degree heads not a 350?

What's more crazy stock block spinning 11,000 rpm and making how much power?
Quick math, a 400 making 1.6 ibs-ft and peak at 11,000 = 1200 hp

A money man like that is probably the only hope Mopar guys have other than the Ritter block. The engine builders have everyone so paranoid about buying one of those I wonder how long those will be around.

It has to be the swirl effect that really makes it faster for Brandon.

All I gotta say is another first for Mopar. :thumbsup: The Ford and Chevy Karrens will be screaming when they read this.:lol:

That is crazy power. And awesome performance setup to get it to stick. BB guys need only but tip your hat.

I'm mixed, I get your point though, but you can really say that with any aftermarket heads. How far from original design it stops being the original engine, is a 350 chevy with 18 degree heads not a 350?

What's more crazy stock block spinning 11,000 rpm and making how much power?
Quick math, a 400 making 1.6 ibs-ft and peak at 11,000 = 1200 hp

I think the line is well before taking heads with inline valves and turning them into a big block chevy :) At least 18 degree motors aren't a complete re-design.

P.S. i am in NO WAY against this, i think it's amazing but i wouldn't tout it as running a small block mopar, i clicked the link expecting some custom heads that were actually at least somewhat like a small blocks heads. which would be impossible and fun to see though :)

A money man like that is probably the only hope Mopar guys have other than the Ritter block. The engine builders have everyone so paranoid about buying one of those I wonder how long those will be around.
I have seen ritter blocks on youtube but not much info about how they hold up and all that.. have you played with one at all?

I think the line is well before taking heads with inline valves and turning them into a big block chevy :) At least 18 degree motors aren't a complete re-design.

P.S. i am in NO WAY against this, i think it's amazing but i wouldn't tout it as running a small block mopar, i clicked the link expecting some custom heads that were actually at least somewhat like a small blocks heads. which would be impossible and fun to see though :)
Instead of thinking as a big block chevy type heads, think of it as an aftermarket Poly head they just went back to the sbm roots :)

Instead of thinking as a big block chevy type heads, think of it as an aftermarket Poly head they just went back to the sbm roots :)
Actually... neither of us are right :) The poly used the same valve layout as a BBC (ieieieieie) in whichever order.. just went and looked again and he actually did use a SBM valve layout at least :)

P.S. if he actually did them like POLY heads i would be screaming OMG YES!!! :)

do need to say though.. those heads are artwork.... Hammerhead should do some SBM heads :)

Actually... neither of us are right :) The poly used the same valve layout as a BBC (ieieieieie) in whichever order.. just went and looked again and he actually did use a SBM valve layout at least :)

P.S. if he actually did them like POLY heads i would be screaming OMG YES!!! :)
Uhmmm, ever seen a Mopar P5 head ......???
From like 25 years ago? Was an NHRA/IHRA Contingency part? What are You talking about??

Uhmmm, ever seen a Mopar P5 head ......???
From like 25 years ago? Was an NHRA/IHRA Contingency part? What are You talking about??
Actually no i hadn't... but i doubt they were in many production cars... seen thousands of cars on the street and never one of those.. I hadn't considered special racing products, my bad

P.S. didn't mean that to sound dicky in any way if it did :)

Last edited:
P5 head was on a well known local bench a while back.
broke 400 cfm without breaking a sweat.
Ritter makes a block they bolt up to.
Several guys race them around here, including the IHRA bracket champ in his Duster

Last edited:
P5 head was on a well known local bench a while back.
broke 400 cfm without breaking a sweat.
Ritter makes a block they bolt up to.
Several guys race them around here, including the IHRA bracket champ in his Duster
That is awesome.. i had never heard of it. Learn something new every day :)

20230722_092332.jpg

From an '02 catalog...

That is awesome.. i had never heard of it. Learn something new every day :)
Granted, Book looks to have made an improved billet version of it, but when You're talking world-record setting racing,.... that's just the type of stuff that gets done to get it done. But there's plenty of legitimate Mopar roots in that speed buggy right there...

-
Back