Holy impulse buy..(not an A tho)

-

rjsjea

Reaction score
Total impulse buy......66 AMC Rambler Classic Country 770. Body, trim, weatherstripping is real nice. The electric stuff all works and hasnt been hacked up. Runs good, but the dumbass torque tube/trans/diff leak in about 3 different places.

Any one got a wrecked Pacer in their yard I can buy the drivetrain out of......Ha.

Attachments

• rambler1 (2) (800x600) (640x480).jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 278
  • photo (2) (640x480) (600x450).jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 284
Total impulse buy......66 AMC Rambler Classic Country 770. Body, trim, weatherstripping is real nice. The electric stuff all works and hasnt been hacked up. Runs good, but the dumbass torque tube/trans/diff leak in about 3 different places.

Any one got a wrecked Pacer in their yard I can buy the drivetrain out of......Ha.

No Pacer but I have an AMC Hornet wagon with a V8 that would put some boost in that wagon.

No Pacer but I have an AMC Hornet wagon with a V8 that would put some boost in that wagon.

Im browsing local for now shipping would be more than its worth, thanks tho. Trying to find a post-71 258/AT and an Explorer 8.8 rear (heard they are about same width)

Nice! Very unique.
I'm sure you have the skills to put whatever power train you like in there.
What are the plans for it?

i love shaggin wagons!!! beautiful car! whats under the hood? 199, 232 L6 or the hard-to-find-parts-for 287-290-327? if you do a 258, poke and stroke it out! or do a 4.0, and poke n stroke that to 5.0L! make that wagon MOVE!

Nice! Very unique.
What are the plans for it?

Totally stock outside, other than a little pinstriping by Al-P. I just ordered a RideTech Tri 4 link for the rear. Going to pick up an Explorer 8.8 with rear discs maybe today.

Once I get the donor motor/trans I may end up getting hot rod type Mustang II front end with power rack. Adding a power brake booster for a 4 wheel disc ride. Manual 4 wheel drums should be outlawed, ha.

Just making a nice vintage cruiser. Timline to be done....within the year depending on $$.

i love shaggin wagons!!! beautiful car! whats under the hood? 199, 232 L6 or the hard-to-find-parts-for 287-290-327? if you do a 258, poke and stroke it out! or do a 4.0, and poke n stroke that to 5.0L! make that wagon MOVE!

It's a 232, I6. 105,000 original miles on her, if the odometer is correct. Or the seller was truthful. Engine runs great.

perfect! the 232 is the same block as a 258......stroke it!

Different bolt pattern on the bellhousing tho, I'm going to do an overdrive conversion down the road. I can get an adapter for the post 71 engines but not the pre 71's

1966 was a magical year for cars. I hope you'll keep us posted.

Well if its the same block as a 258, then i'd go steal the driveline(tranny and all) from a 4.0 jeep. You'd just be mocking up the tranny mount and have a nice modern efi engine. Perfect for cruising.

Well if its the same block as a 258, then i'd go steal the driveline(tranny and all) from a 4.0 jeep. You'd just be mocking up the tranny mount and have a nice modern efi engine. Perfect for cruising.

Looking into that also. I'd rather stay away from EFI for simplicity though.

uhhhh....can I ask?....hows the Demon coming?

Come on man..........:violent1:

Thought most would have forgotten about that car. Got most of the front bumper/valance metal work done. Working on the rear bumper fitment now, next front spoiler. Pic.....couple months back.

Attachments

• 3342245 (450x600).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 189
  • demon888 (600x450).jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 177
-
Back