Holy S*** this thing is fast!

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I just can't stop saying ... Holy s*&t, this thing is fast! I went to Napa to get some wheel cleaner, and they were closed. A dad and his kid stood and watched me while I drove through the lot, pointing and talking. I turned onto the road, and at about 20 mph, I hit it. Not floored but well into the pedal. I started fishtailing left but held it down and kept it in the street. I burned those tires for 3/4 of a city block, and I had to let off or they would still be smoking. Holy s*&t this thing is fast! And I love my new stance with the rear end up nice and high. I can't wait to get this thing on race gas and on the dyno.
View attachment New stance.jpg

Yeah it should be freaken fast, we are so wimped out with these newer pos. Forget how it can/should be like to really move along.

Get that thing on the freeway in the 70 zones and hang on

Hope you have the 11.75 rotors and 11" drum out back. Its nice to have power but its even better when you can stop it even faster.

When I had street tires on mine, I couldn't keep them planted. Even just what seemed like a slight goose of the throttle sent me sideways. The ET Street radials really tamed it for the street. What do you have in it?

When I had street tires on mine, I couldn't keep them planted. Even just what seemed like a slight goose of the throttle sent me sideways. The ET Street radials really tamed it for the street. What do you have in it?

It's a 408 stroker @ 500hp with a 200R4 tranny, Dana 60 with 4.10 gears. I would love to have pics, but I am all alone, and burnout pics are hard get by yourself. Here is the engine running at this post.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=182589

Needs weight in the trunk. Moving the battery back there is just a start. Then thrown in some sand bags or better yet subwoofers and amps for more weight back there--the father back the better

Needs weight in the trunk. Moving the battery back there is just a start. Then thrown in some sand bags or better yet subwoofers and amps for more weight back there--there father back the better

I'm not complaining about the spinning tires. I love it. My 318 was fast, but with the Caltracs I had a hard time breaking them loose. I will do some different tires, and probably get different tires and rims for the track. If I get real excited I may tub it out. I have to get some driving in and see how I like it, but right now I love it.

Needs weight in the trunk. Moving the battery back there is just a start. Then thrown in some sand bags or better yet subwoofers and amps for more weight back there--the father back the better

The battery's in the trunk now. The tires were about 26" tall Cooper's with 4.10 gears with 513 HP and 526 lb/ft. The ET Streets are 28" and a lot stickier. No subwoofers or amps in this ride. I'm going to be putting a fuel cell in right over the spare tire well, which should move the fuel weight back a little.

Mopar to ya: That's a sweet looking car and the engine sounds really healthy. It should be a lot of fun!

Yup them 410 gears with the Stroker may be too much gear even with the OD.

The first run with the New 410 Dart with a 4spd I just about **** my pants!! I could not believe that small engine hauled *** like it did.

It had 3.55 Gears in it. That car put many to shame on the streets, new Camaro's, Vetts or whatever did not matter. Made a Chevelle with a 383 Stroker and a Procharger with 7lbs of boost and EFI Leave with his tail between his legs. We got it on about 5 times all kinds of different ways and he just couldn't hang. I seen him at Autozone a few weeks later so I walked up to his car and tapped on his window and asked him if he remembered getting his azzz kicked by a Brown Dart. He said was that you? I was driving my Scion Car at the time. He said "HOLY **** your Dart is Fast", what do you have in it. I told him and NA 410 Stroker. He pops his hood to show a EFI, Procharged 383 Stroker with the same trans you have in Your car built by Art Carr....... That is some funny chittt!!

hope so- wheel spin often does not equal fast.

(based on how long I can coast in my AWD car before the guys with lotsa rear wheel power finally catch up to me:D)

You do realize that the GTR that I use to own would have handed your *** to you right:burnout:That said, its all fun and games:D (I should've kept that car the but profit I made off of it, WOW :twisted: )

Get a sure grip and some softer tires and it will be even faster! :)

I'm running MT ET streets all the time on mine... not focking around with the fords or chebbys out there..lol

I honestly can't say which I enjoy more, watching you put this animal together or hearing how happy you are with it. Multiple thumbs up!

You said E85 is on the to do list? Have you looked into the Hoosier Quicktime radials?

Yeah it should be freaken fast, we are so wimped out with these newer pos. Forget how it can/should be like to really move along.

Get that thing on the freeway in the 70 zones and hang on

Please define what you mean by "these newer pos"...if you're talkin' about new Mopars, the new Charger and Challenger offer the new 6.4 (392) Hemi with 470hp...that's far from POS status to me :dontknow:.

They may not have the same character as the classics, but I disagree that qualifies them as pos status.

E85 is definitely going to happen, and sooner rather than later. I am running 28 degrees timing on 91 octane pump gas. Once the carb is reworked for E85 and 105 octane I can crank it up to around 35 degrees and start seeing some real power. 11.8 to 1 compression deserves higher octane and full power. I just don't like Hoosiers. I can't say why, but I just don't like the looks of them.

-
Back