Home built engine break in stand

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anybody built one and run an engine on it?

Lets see the set up and your craftsmenship!

We built one by cutting the front end off from the firewall forward of a '69 Charger that was heading to the scrapyard. Used a household lightswitch for ignition and had a few gauges hooked up (tach and oil pressure). All the front sheetmetal was already gone so the motor drops right in and out, you can test header clearance, and with a few handles welded onto the back, it can be easily rolled around back when not in use. No pictures yet but I might be able to get some in a couple weeks.

Sorry no pics,but a buddy used a scamp front frame and what was left of a firewall and dash,had it on castors.He lived out in the country so he didn't care about the look of it or how much room it took up.

Sorry, no pics yet, but Pop used the frame rails off a '60 Ford truck, cut just behind the second crossmember back, built a frame to put a radiator on and adapted it for the engine mounts on his 413. With a little mods this could be used for any engine. As a matter of fact, it probably will be. Maybe in the coming weeks I'll be able to get a pic or two up for you.

Getting used frame rails is out for me. Anybody hand build one?

I made one using 2x6,2x4 and some angle iron.Broke the motor in on the stand.

IMG_1125.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

-
Back