Home made Sub Frame connectors installed

-
Look at the wheel base.

Barracuda,Duster, Demon are 108" Dart, Scamp is 111"

Just make your own guys, its pretty simple to do and you will save a bunch of $.

you'd want these for a cuda/duster/demon
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=DCC-4286868&view=1&N=700+150+

It doesn't really seem like the bolt-on's would be an issue unless the bolts came loose.
I wouldn't recommend 'JUST' bolting them in. You still get 'flex' when just bolted in, (even on a /6 motor) hence your reason for installing your frame connectors.. Of course it depends on how much horse power your making when deciding which connector type to use.. in reference to the "bolt in type" .... bolt them in, then weld them, no big deal. The bolt in type of frame connectors, even if welded, can always be removed easily, if you wish....I used 2x3 box tubing on my hemi barracuda. They come up through the back floor pans about 1/2" high x 7" long, and a small 1"spot has to be notched/and welded closed in the front pans , but unnoticeable from the bottom of car. I have black carpet in my cuda, and all I did was cut and fitted sections out of the new carpet, then cut sections out of the old carpet (which was black also) glued,, then wrapped them over the 1/2 " x '7 frame connector sections that was pertruding up through the rear pans. You don't even notice them unless your really looking for them. EXTREMELY strong. No flex at all. ENORMOUS handling difference!

Here are the sub frame connectors that I have fabricated at work from the scrap bin to install on my74 duster. It is made entirely of box 2 1/2" and 2" box tubing and tig welded. I have decided to go around the crossmember frame for more strength and angle them back to the rear frame. I have drilled a couple of holes to add spot welds as well as welding all edges.
I have all of the dimensions if anyone is interested.

Frame connectors.jpg

Frame connectors 2.jpg

-
Back