Home remedies????

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Lets hear 'em....for a sinus infection. Never had one until I left Jersey. Started in AZ thanks to the pollution/dry air. Seems like it never goes away. Doc put my on some horse pills, think they are 875mg Augmentin and told me to take Sudafed. Hate taking antibiotics, anybody got anything that actually WORKS? And does not make you feel like you went 15 rounds with a pro boxer....
Thanks in advance....

Tell him you want a Z pack. Take two the first day and one each day for the next four days - DONE! I just went through this and this stuff works amazing!!!!

I guess you are doing this?
Gives me relief and I've been well with no meds for almost two years.
(Also cleaned up my environment when I found out I had alergies.)
If yours is caused by that you may need Claritin and Singular sometimes.

But now something happened and I'm on my second type of anti-biotics for what seem to be an infection.
Started in Novenber. I think the first anti-biotics didn't do the trick and it came back.
So he gave me steroids and Clindamycin this time.

Attachments

• Neilmed_adult_nasal_rinse.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 145
If you try neti pots or anything, used distilled water.

Rarely, but sometimes folks get fowleri naegleria(brain eating amoeba) from using tap water in these. (Never heard of it in tap water in AZ, but...they have signs warning about it at the hot springs below Hoover Dam, and there were a couple of cases tied to Lake Mead a couple of summers ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naegleria_fowleri

Hate to say it, but nothing will cure it. You can ease the symptoms with over the counter stuff, but by and large they have to run their course.

ive had a few. the netti pot helps, of course use distilled water. but the big thing that always worked for me was the Augmentin. stay on it for at least a week, but no longer than 2. take the sudafed along with it, it helps keeps everything dry.

that antibiotic is strong, but muscle through it if that particular one gives you grief.

I opt for the pre-infection method: 1000 milligrams of Vitamin C with supper every night has made a huge difference fending it off over the last few years. I used to get sinus infections at least two or three times a year, but not since I started taking the hefty dose of Vitamin C every night.

Hang in there Doug! I don't know what's worse, the ringing / hollowness or the headache. :-(

Lets hear 'em....for a sinus infection. Never had one until I left Jersey.

Ditto. It started when I left Jersey and moved to Georgia.

...By the way, Ink, Jack Daniels is a wonderful "home remedy". It doesn't make you feel any better, but after the fist few shots you don't give a ****, either. ;)

almost forgot... :poke:

I don't get it. Why would Jersey be so "healthy" for sinus infections?

Actually, I can answer that. The "dirty" air gets into your sinuses and provides a coating allowing the germs that cause infections a harder path to get in.

Much like when a long term smoker quits. Same scenario. The coating from the nicotine over the years wears away and the former smoker starts pickin up all kinda nasties they never used to get because their immune systems never were able to get over them. Kitty has been quit now over 15 years. Those first couple of years, she stayed sick with all kinda stuff.

Breathing in the salt air might have something to do with it.
Try boiling water with salt in it and breathe in the steam/vapours.

I live in New England and the weather is a mother effer around here. A good stiff drink always clears my sinus's out. Works great for soar throats too! If your not a drinker try some hot tea. I'm also not a big fan of going to the Quack and taking pills. Home remedies are whats best for people like us!

-
Back