home sharktooth grill

-
There is a timeline of car related stains in that driveway. :eek:ops:
Btw, those valve covers are cool

Believe me, I know how it is. Used to drive a Nova that left a telltale puddle everywhere it went. My last day at work I left my boss a big bottle of Driveway Cleaner for my regular parking spot. :-D

Thanks for checking out my work Granny. They're turning out to be pretty popular.

Believe me, I know how it is. Used to drive a Nova that left a telltale puddle everywhere it went.

Reminds me of my brother-in-law's Isuzu P'up that also leaves a puddle wherever he parks it. He says it's just marking it's territory! LOL
Dallas
BTW, back on topic-very nice work on the grille. I like original ideas.

I know this is an old thread...but wow, what a great creative piece! Inspiring, I just might see if I can make one!
If you build one, I'd recommend doing it more like the photoshopped pic in post #14. Also, I think I'd make the "teeth" smaller and add trim to the top and bottom more like the original shark tooth grills had. But that's all just my opinion. Seeing the work you've done on your Duster, if you decide to build a grill it'll turn out nice!

Thanks Caleb! I am pretty certain I can pull it off. Yes, I would make the outside (4) teeth on each side a full 1" smaller than the (11) center teeth. The thinking wheels are turning, lol. Gotta get a TIG machine!

Here is a 3/4" aluminum cove piece that could serve as the molding top and bottom:
37282609185_c197a8f9a6_b.jpg
E-510-EA-DR112 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks Caleb! I am pretty certain I can pull it off. Yes, I would make the outside (4) teeth on each side a full 1" smaller than the (11) center teeth. The thinking wheels are turning, lol.
When I had my 75 Scamp I was planning to make a grill similar to the original but instead of the plastic "grids" I was gonna use like 1/8" billet and make a custom billet grill for it... I ended up selling the car to get married and never started on the grill. Lol

Here's another option I think I'll consider if I ever get another 73+ car

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2263.JPG

When I had my 75 Scamp I was planning to make a grill similar to the original but instead of the plastic "grids" I was gonna use like 1/8" billet and make a custom billet grill for it... I ended up selling the car to get married and never started on the grill. Lol

Here's another option I think I'll consider if I ever get another 73+ car

View attachment 1715092131

View attachment 1715092132

that grille looks great but man, those are some ugly wheels
as in, UGLY

-
Back