Homemade Adjustable Pinion Snubber

-
I don't have a picture, but what I did was remove the original bumper off of the pinion snubber. I then took two pieces of square tubing, one the same size as the bumper and another a little bigger to accept the first. I cut them at I "think" 3 inches and slid one inside the other. From there I drilled three holes through both at once. I welded the larger to the original pinion plate. Then I attached the bumper to the inside piece.

Went to the hardware store and bought a pin with a wire clip, adjusted it where I wanted it and put the pin in. Seems to work well. For about 2 bucks and a half hour work I have an adjustable snubber.

Nice work badsport. I was going to buy one, but after seeing this picture I will just build it.

Nice work badsport. I was going to buy one, but after seeing this picture I will just build it.

It's easy peasy for sure. I wasn't going to spend the money for one when we had the technology to make one, LOL.

The only thing I had to buy was the pin.

I also suggest drilling and attaching the bumper with screws, you just need to point the tabs straight down. I did that so I can replace it if need be.

It's easy peasy for sure. I wasn't going to spend the money for one when we had the technology to make one, LOL.

The only thing I had to buy was the pin.

I also suggest drilling and attaching the bumper with screws, you just need to point the tabs straight down. I did that so I can replace it if need be.

So, that's the original bumper?? Any idea where I can get one??? Thats the problem I'm runner into. I can't seem to find a bumper to use.

You don't need a pinion snubber if the springs are good. I use pinion snubbers as door stops to let a breeze through the garage. :)

.....................cracked is correct...........I never have to use 1, even on my 11.001 duster, pulls 1.34 sixty foots............kim.........

pinion snubbers are only needed when you have the original saggy springs.

-
Back