homemade forge

-
Nothin' but time, bro.

Boredom story: I was pulling ammo guard on an Island (San Clemente Isle) used for Naval bombardment practice (really!) as we were stockpiling an ammo dump for an upcoming big live fire excercise. We (6 Marines and 1 NCO) were out there for a week prior and had jack to do between 4 hour shifts so I scrounged around and built a 6 foot kite with sticks, comm wire and an illumination flare chute I found on the range. I got that big orange kite flying high enough that the ship that was going to be conducting the live fire 8 miles off the coast called it in to range control! I got a radio call from Long Rifle (Camp Pendleton range control) asking WTH the orange "balloon" was for..."Uh.... what orange balloon?" We cut it free about 5 seconds after the radio call.

Nothin' but time, bro.

Boredom story: I was pulling ammo guard on an Island (San Clemente Isle) used for Naval bombardment practice (really!) as we were stockpiling an ammo dump for an upcoming big live fire excercise. We (6 Marines and 1 NCO) were out there for a week prior and had jack to do between 4 hour shifts so I scrounged around and built a 6 foot kite with sticks, comm wire and an illumination flare chute I found on the range. I got that big orange kite flying high enough that the ship that was going to be conducting the live fire 8 miles off the coast called it in to range control! I got a radio call from Long Rifle (Camp Pendleton range control) asking WTH the orange "balloon" was for..."Uh.... what orange balloon?" We cut it free about 5 seconds after the radio call.

and there you have it friends, your tax dollars hard at work
:poke:

Wow!! I admire ppl like that!! I think I'd like to be able to have the ability to do stuff like that but I can't find the time to get things done the way it is!

-
Back