hood accents?

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
hey guys, looking for pics/ opinions on a full black out hood, or just some sort of black striping into the beak like dart sport or dusters. for 1973-76, her is a pic of where I am at.... have an aftermarket 6 pack scoop going on that is black textured all ready. car is going b-5 blue(1970) and will have the black landau top. and planning on bumble bee stripe and go wing in the rear.... any thoughts/pics of others? it is in the base coat, stage for wet sanding....
front end 2.png
paintingcar1.png

Here's mine, the dual snorkel isn't on it yet. Don't judge the shittiness too much.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

i was thinking of the dual stripes found on 69 barracuda formula 340's on either side of the scoop?
69_Hood_Header.jpg

see car photo under my name. This is the pattern for the V21 hood treatment on a 70 Dart. The key to a blackout hood on a Dart is to take it all the way to the edge of the windshield...

i don't think an all black hood would look good.. just look like a replacement hood in my opinion...

here is a hood treatment for a beak car..

1974_dodge_dart_sport_360_100318757345948344.jpg

here is the earlier style treatments. you would have to modify it some in the beak area but could make it work for ya..

maxresdefault.jpg

i prefer this one (below) over the solid black in the middle of the hood..

demon.jpg

I always liked the added stripe around the accent like on this dual scoop Demon. Just seems to add some flare. Maybe you could incorporate it in you single accent area. (For some reason, I could not comment in the post with the photo).

I always thought the demon sizzler hood accent was the best looking one of all the A bodies...hands down
(I'm on my phone otherwise I would link a pic)

And in thinking the scoop would fit inside of it

that looks good and with a six pack scoop on top just may work out nice. going to look into it, thanks for the idea.

-
Back