-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Map63Vette

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale is my old metal hood and the twin snorkel scoop that came with it when I bought it. The hood is off of a 67 Dart, so it should fit 67-69. It's pretty straight and doesn't appear to have any major dings or anything, though it did have holes drilled to mount the scoop, so you may need to fill them in depending on what you are looking for. The holes are probably only about 1/8" big, so they shouldn't be very hard to weld up. The scoop is a twin snorkel style that I believe is native to either a 73 or 74 model. It is the bolt on style and all the studs are in good shape, though I am missing a few of the nuts to hold it on. It doesn't appear to have any cracks or issues with it, it was recently installed just prior to my buying the car, so I don't think it's that old. The hood does not come with any of the trim or emblems in the picture, they are getting transfered over to my new hood. I'd like to get either $350 for assembly, or I'll split them up and do $250 for the scoop and $150 for the hood +shipping from 66049.

Attachments

• SSPX0159.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,710
  • Dart Avatar 2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,693
At Carlisle last year, the OEM scoops were priced from 200-350 range. There were a couple of the after markets that were priced from 75-150. Just to let ya know.

I really don't know who actually made this one. It's a heavy piece and looks to be pretty nice quality. It is by no means flimsy as it weighs 10 pounds (twice the weight of the VFN piece) and is pretty thick. I've heard that some of the new ones are plastic, is that true? This one is fiberglass.

received today, it is awesome , never saw a factory
scoop but this doesnt look like any of the aftermarket
ones i have ever seen, especially being 2 piece.

thanks again for a great deal.

How about $100 plus shipping on the hood? Still have the box the fiberglass one came in, so it's more or less ready to ship out.

The way you tell a cheap repo scoop is they don't have the 4 screws holding the bottom half on. If I was selling a snorkle. Which I wouldn't even if they ate. I would give pics of the under side. The 72 was flat acrosss the bottom front. and the 73 up had a upward ramp to fit the 73 sport hood.

The repos are smaller then the originals . even the twin scoops. Non of them fit the factory holes on the in inner structure. I can usually pick them out by there size. This looks to be an original. Alot of guys lower their price because the repops are cheap. I wouldn't. $250.00 plus shipping is a low price . Before the repops 10 yrs. back they were bringing $200. OEMs are only getting more scarce. If it was mine I wouldn't drop my price.

72's are the hard scoops to find and they bring more.

73 dart scoops fit 71 back dusters.
72 demon fit 73 up duster or any flat hood.

Digging this out of the wayback machine, but doing spring cleaning and still have this hood sitting around. Put those tax returns and oncoming spring weather to good use!

Still have this hood, would love for it to find a new home on someone's car and not a junkyard. I do have a box I can ship it in (box I got my fiberglass hood in), but would prefer local pickup or can arrange delivery within some range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back