Hood Clearance

-

peck_az

Reaction score
I am starting a rebuild on a 318 in my 72 Scamp. I have a few questions
1) How much taller is an Edelbrock Performer manifold than the stock 2bbl manifold? Will I have hood clearance issues? I plan to use a thermoquad that I picked up.
2) The work that I am planning is the same that was done in a Mopar Muscle article. See the following link: 3-9-Teen Dream

I plan the following:
Competition Cams XE262H2
Edelbrock Performer
Thermoquad
Stock heads and pistons
Headers/Duals

According to the dyno, I can expect to up HP from 170 to 275. Comments?
Thanks

You should have no clearance problems. I have a 360 with a performer and a t-quad and have no problems.

This page, http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/man_chrysler.html has the intake and links to figure out intake manifold height. Measure yours like they did. It's easy on a Mopar to do.
It will work without clearance problems.
According to the dyno, I can expect to up HP from 170 to 275. Comments?
What dyno? The Mag's artical or desk top dyno?
If it's the mags artical, you'll get what they did only if you do what they did. A minor departure of what they did null there results and change yours.

The dyno results from the mag article. I don't think that I am departing much from what they did. The intake will be either an Edelbrock Performer or, like the article, a Mopar Perf M1 dual plane. Everything else is the same. They started with a rema Recon 318 longblock though and I don't know how that would compare to the stock 318.

-
Back