Hood Hinge Pin Repair?

-

DEVIOUSDUSTER

Proud Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Have the '70 Duster stripped down to her skivies and getting ready for blasting and primer. But I noticed that the two pins that hold each hood hinge onto the body are worn and could pose a problem down the road if not fixed now. Are there any replacement kits you can weld on or any remedies anyone knows of to eliminate the play? Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Hey all,

Have the '70 Duster stripped down to her skivies and getting ready for blasting and primer. But I noticed that the two pins that hold each hood hinge onto the body are worn and could pose a problem down the road if not fixed now. Are there any replacement kits you can weld on or any remedies anyone knows of to eliminate the play? Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Incurable....not good

What's worn about them? Are they rusted, bent, or is their grooves worn in them?

You could find a steel bushing that slides over the original "pins", then open up the holes in your stock hinges to fit over the new bushings.

I had a lot of trouble with my own hinges when I restored my Dart, and didn't think of this fix until after it was complete.

George

You could find a steel bushing that slides over the original "pins", then open up the holes in your stock hinges to fit over the new bushings.

I had a lot of trouble with my own hinges when I restored my Dart, and didn't think of this fix until after it was complete.

George

That is a great idea! Thats some good applied thinking. We'll give that a whirl and hope for better results.

Thanks George

-
Back