hood hinges and splash shields

-

dusterbd13

Reaction score
i got frustrated and quit on my 70 duster tonight. figured id ask, someone has to know...

i cant find my hardware for my inner fender splast shields. i remember that they were something like a #10 sheetmetal screw with a really big washer. anyone know for sure, and what i can use to attach them?

also, im finally putting hood springs back in the car. its got an AAR nolt on hood, and i cut the factory springs off years ago. i saw in tony fields thread about him using late model daytona hood springs. so i got some, looked at his picture, and put them in.

they dont hold the hood up. feels like theres no sprong tension. when i put them in, i had to compress them about 1/4 turn to get them to line up and go together. they look just like his picture. what did i do wrong? they held up the steel hood down at pull-a-part just fine.

thanks
Michael

Hey Michael- looked and found only 4 of the screws you need- see pic of what they are- if you aren't looking for originality- you can pick up self tapping #10 x 3/4" and some 1 1/2" fender washers to do the trick (right side of pic)- got them from Sears Hardware- if you want the orig looking ones with the attached washer, R/T specialties sells them for about $10 set + shipping. Ed

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 124
-
Back