Hood Hinges

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!!! My hood hinges on my Scamp are flexing a lot when I close the hood. So much so that they bend at the hinge point and rub the fender wearing the paint. It almost looks like the rivets that hold everything together are wore out and that is were all the play is at. Is there a way to repair this? If not is there a place to buy new ones? I've searched a few places online but haven not found new ones anywhere.

They aren't being reproduced, but they are being refinished by SMS, the same guys who refinish heater boxes. Might be able to google them, or if you can't find them that way I can find their card and post the contact info!! Geof

I'm pretty sure i have a set off a 72' Will they fit for you. Pm me if you want pics, I took them off the car 20 years ago.

i have some off a 74 duster-- worked fine --- just pulled

also have you lubed the hinges? if they are binding up-- it might cause the flex your getting. Lawrence

also have you lubed the hinges? if they are binding up-- it might cause the flex your getting. Lawrence

Yes I have, I can actually see that the riveted part is where they are flexing. They squeak really bad but most that I have heard do that.

I'll let you guys know about the hinges if I need a set. Im not entirely sure but I would think thru 72 would fit mine for sure. I'll have to do some checking.

Im also going to check out getting them redone. I'll see what I can find for the above mentioned person. Thanks for the help guys

fitment is 67-76 a body cars-- all the same. Lawrence

I have seen where the shims that are used to align front ends were inserted under the pin head and tack welded in place. Crude but cheap and effective.

-
Back