Hood Insulation

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Thinking of a Christmas gift for myself:-D:-D So a hood Insulation comes to mind.What have you used and did ya like it,are there some not to not buy? and what clips work good.Looking for good Quality.I have had others in the past that seam to drop a bit as time goes on.Pics would be good.Thankssssss.

When I had my 64 Belvedere, I thought I should buy a new hood insulation pad and did so. I didn't like having it on there because it dropped a lot of dust on the motor, made the underside of the hood hard to clean, and picked up stains from moisture and started to look ratty. I ended up taking it off and chucking it, and I liked the cleaner looks of no hood pad. JMO, Geof

I have seen the silver looking insulation put under the hood but I have never used it my self Snake, but that is the way I was going to be going if I can figure out what it was, It looked like that fire wall insulation stuff to me.
I will see if I can find a picture from Monster Mopar I took a couple years ago and show you.

They're there for noise on modern cars, the last thing you want to do is hold more heat on the engine though.

Like superT said. It will help with noise some but will also hold heat in your engine compartment. I do not and would not use one. But thats just me.

Without the insulation rainfall will make steam of the hood. Looks like the car is running hot or on fire.

-
Back