Hood Pin Lanyard Length

-

69GT

Reaction score
I picked up a Demon hood for my Dart and the hood has factory hood pin holes in it. My Dart did not come with hood pins. I have an NOS hood pin kit but I'm not sure what body style it was meant for. The kit has 23" lanyards and I would like to know if that would be the correct length for my Dart or should they be shorter? I can't test fit them at the moment as the hood is not on the car yet because I have to get it painted first.

Those are probably close, they usually hang from one of the screws on the plate & hang down to about the middle of the front bumper.

I picked up a Demon hood for my Dart and the hood has factory hood pin holes in it. My Dart did not come with hood pins. I have an NOS hood pin kit but I'm not sure what body style it was meant for. The kit has 23" lanyards and I would like to know if that would be the correct length for my Dart or should they be shorter? I can't test fit them at the moment as the hood is not on the car yet because I have to get it painted first.

Hey 69GT,
I just went out to measure the lanyard length on my 73 Dart and yes 23” is the correct length. Have a good one!!!
318MG

1970 Dart
hole for pin goes through the dimple in the fender near the hood bumper (how convenient!). Big hole in pictures.
hole for securing the lanyard is predrilled on all Darts and is nearby in the latch try. small hole in pictures

DSC01320.JPG
DSC01319.JPG

-
Back