Hood Pins

-

Landon

76 340 Duster
Reaction score
I would like to install some hood pins on my duster. I was thinking of installing them in place of the rubber bumpers. Please any and all info is helpful. Also, if possible, please post some pics of where you installed your own hood pins. Thanks

On some of the earlier a-bodies have a dimple in the area of the hood bumper and a cut out in the underside of the hood. I installed a set on my 70 Swinger and it was obvious to me where the pins went, with that said I am not sure of a 76 Duster. I am going to my shop tomorrow and can take some pics of my 74 Duster and see if it has the dimples.

I removed my fender bolts and bored the holes out a bit and used that location on the 67 cuda.

cuda14-2.jpg

It dose have the little dimples in the hood but it dose not have a cut out for them.

I hope this pic helps. The two in the rear are non functional. The hood still opens with hinges.(heh,heh,heh)

Dusterlarge.jpg

heres my 71 duster with factory hood pins,, pin location on the support were the square is cut out

also my factory hood pin laynards (cables) are 13 inches.. all "duster" pin kits come with 23 inch kits y i have no clue they are way too long i would go with 13-17 inches just my taste

If you do use the hood bumper position for your hood pins your hood will likely vibrate. I solved this by installing the bumpers back on the pins at the right height.

Nice flag Cudaspaz

P1060005.JPG

I would like to install some hood pins on my duster. I was thinking of installing them in place of the rubber bumpers. Please any and all info is helpful. Also, if possible, please post some pics of where you installed your own hood pins. Thanks

Contact these guys, they sold the good pin package with plastic coated cables and rubber gasketed hood plate but they look to be out of stock.

http://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/cart2/?cPath=

The two in the rear are non functional. The hood still opens with hinges.
Thats really cool. I never even thought of that. I really like the look of four hood pins and I also like the convenience of a hinged hood. You got the best of both. Also if you could, please take picture of where your two front pins are mounted.

heres my 71 duster with factory hood pins,, pin location on the support were the square is cut out

I think I am mistaken, my 68 Dart and my 74 Duster dont have the dimple I spoke of. I did notice the hole just towards the fender next to the bumper. I think that is where I installed my pins in my 70 Swinger. I did notice that my swinger had a dimple in that area and it also had a stamped hole in the hood in the same location. My Swinger is in paint jail in a nother state so I cant take pics of it. Sorry I cant really help here but I am glad some of the great guys here stepped up to help with good accurate info. Thanks guys.

also my factory hood pin laynards (cables) are 13 inches.. all "duster" pin kits come with 23 inch kits y i have no clue they are way too long i would go with 13-17 inches just my taste

Does anybody know if a Demon would have come with 13" laynards also? And were do you get the 13" ones all the repo. kits come with 23"

-
Back