Hood Scoop Measurement

-

DieWilde13

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i tryed the search, but found nothing for a 70 swinger.
I want to mount the 2 hoodscoops and looking for the measurements where they have to sit.

Anybody have that?

If you have the right era hood, some of the mounting points are pre-cut in the inner skin.

Dart_scoop.JPG

no unfortunatly not...

i need the measurements from the top.
The distance to the back of the hood and to the fenders.

Will be home in a week and will take measurements for you.
Send me a PM so that I can contact you
Will take measurements off the hood of the pruple car
Thanks,Dennis

IMG_0535 (Small).JPG

I am working on a template that I took from my 71 Swinger. I need to make some copies. I have one promised out to a member (dustoff440) that I need to send but am working on some more. I am just lookig for the shipping cost.

I made my own template. Basically I measured from the center of each stud to the center of every other stud (lots of numbers there) for evey stud on each scoop. I then drew it up on AutoCAD and printed it out. On the bottom of the hood bracing there are 4(yellow circles above) 1" diameter stud holes that I center punched and drilled out with a 1/8" bit. I then laid my template on the topside of the hood, using those 4(yellow circles above) holes as a locator, then marked and drilled the remaining 4 holes. Nerve wracking, but it worked!! Remember measure and re-measure for accuracy.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the Replys!

Finally i did it Yesterday and everything worked out good!! Will post pictures soon.

Thanks FABO!

Hey that´s awesome!!!
Thanks for your big effort! I preciate that!
I will check it out and control it today or tomorrow!

Thanks again! Never saw a detailed measurement like this!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Hi Guys,

i tryed the search, but found nothing for a 70 swinger.
I want to mount the 2 hoodscoops and looking for the measurements where they have to sit.

Anybody have that?

=P~ You can get the scoop template and extra scoop mounting studs from FIRST PLACE AUTO PRODUCTS, CANTON OH $30
www.fpap.com
(330) 493-0241

-
Back