Hood Scoop Template

-

tyler1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 72 duster and would like to add a pair of twin scoops to the hood. Is there a template available for proper placement of these scoops? Does anyone know the exact factory location? Thanks in advance!

I dont know about your hood but on my 71 hood it has the holes in the bottom, their just not through the top. open the hood and take a look under the insulation?

tyler1 I created my own template. I created a driver side and passenger side template. IIRC there are 10 studs on each scoop ('70 style twin scoops). Starting with "stud #1" I measured (center to center) to stud #2, #3, #4, etc...... I then took those measurements, and with the use of AutoCAD, input the dimensions and voila' my template came to life. Fortunately, the under hood structural openings lined up with my template. I used a center punch in the diagonally opposite corners, drilled those 2 holes from the bottom, laid my template on top, and drillled the remaining holes (sweatin' bullets the entire time). Good luck!:cheers:

-
Back