Hood scoop?

-

Magster65

Reaction score
For clearance I need a scoop on my 67 Dart. Any recommendations on a good quality set-up... hemi... 6 pack or ? It's getting a 408 727 swap... probably painted black wheels...
rallyes.jpg

For factory:68 Hemi scoop,69 440 Six Pack,70' AAR scoop,..or look at 22up.com for ideas. Others ,will chime in. Think hood,not steel hood, on fiberglass scoop.....unless you like old school dirty work.

For factory:68 Hemi scoop,69 440 Six Pack,70' AAR scoop,..or look at 22up.com for ideas. Others ,will chime in. Think hood,not steel hood, on fiberglass scoop.....unless you like old school dirty work.

It's just a plain hood so I don't mind cutting a hole in it.
I think a black hemi scoop would look good on there with the black wheels...
Thanks

(My search said the 22up site can't be reached)

Punch in "Unlimited fiberglass "....,on your search engine .. Just an Idea,others will chime in...

I'd get a whole hood. That way if you ever wanna go back, just swap it. Glasstek sells whole hoods with a variety of scoops, pin on, bolt on etc

I'd get a whole hood. That way if you ever wanna go back, just swap it. Glasstek sells whole hoods with a variety of scoops, pin on, bolt on etc
My thoughts..Did a 68 Hemi good scoop,tweaking with fitting for factory hood. Turned out nice, I would buy a,full hood...

I bought this bolt on scoop from a member a couple of years ago, and finally got around to putting it on this summer. With paint, I've got less than $300 in the whole thing. I didn't mind cutting the hood, because I'm never gonna sell the car or get tired of looking at that scoop.
upload_2017-10-15_6-45-1.jpeg

I bought this bolt on scoop from a member a couple of years ago, and finally got around to putting it on this summer. With paint, I've got less than $300 in the whole thing. I didn't mind cutting the hood, because I'm never gonna sell the car or get tired of looking at that scoop.
View attachment 1715100563

Matte black hood? Gloss black car? I've wondered for years.....and.....

It's incredible. Subtle, yet beautiful, like Mona Lisa. It matches the hood notchout on the early widebody A perfectly. Damn!

View attachment 1715100563

That looks great! Any chance we know who manufactured that scoop? I want one :)

Matte black hood? Gloss black car? I've wondered for years.....and.....
It's incredible. Subtle, yet beautiful, like Mona Lisa. It matches the hood notchout on the early widebody A perfectly. Damn!

Thanks! With the leftover paint I think we are going to paint a bumble bee stripe on the back.

That looks great! Any chance we know who manufactured that scoop? I want one :)

I'm pretty sure that it's an AAR scoop because it has the studs already molded into the scoop. It made it really easy to mount. The VFN scoop has tabs under it and you have to run your own bolts.

Scoop, Barracuda/Dart, 1968, Hemi | AAR Quality Fiberglass Reproductions

-
Back