hood wont close, help with air cleaner please!

-

69 Valiant Kid

Reaction score
so, i emailed a member here but he ahsnt replied, thats ok, was just curious where i can get a 12 and 3/4" in diameter and 2 inch tall air elemen. i have the mopar black wrinkle but my hood wont shut. that extra half inch clearance will be enough...thanks guys.

The 12-3/4 diameter is the pincher here. Your going to have to shop around. You could try and ask K&N and others if they have this size in stock for something else or ask about a custom filter.

i know atleast one guy on here has one...but he hasnt emailed me, i hope he does. but thanks for the advice...

Go to a good auto parts store .they will have sizes in the back or front of air filter catalog

Rather than looking for a smaller filter which will restrick air flow, look for a droped bottom for the air cleaner assembly. Its drops the whole assembly over the carb and you can still use an appropriate size filter.
Just my 2 cents worth.

with a holley 650 double pumper, the drop bases havnt been fitting over the float screws. tried it my friend, but thanks

I have a quickfuel 850 double pumper and I found an 1 1/4" drop base that works fine! Holley and QF use basicly the same fuel bowls. They do make them. Got it from Summit or Jegs can't remember which, my friend!

-
Back