Hooker aero mufflers 3/12

-

Young mopar70

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the site, but I built a 70 duster 383 big block, the motor is stock except for a Holley 750 double pumper hooker headers with a 31/2 collector, it was rebuilt years ago and runs amazing, anyway, my whole exhaust from the header back is 31/2 and with dynomax race bullets it's incredibly loud, are the 31/2 hooker aero chambers any quieter? I have side pipes and want to dump the exhaust before the rear with turn downs, any thoughts?.. Thanks

i have a 72 duster with a 383 in it and turn downs with flowmasters 40 series they are 2 1/2.how come u don't want the cool rumble sound anymore? i have it them dump right in front of the rearend.

Thanks for the quick replies, and I love how loud it is but I'm worried about the tickets and it's so loud when your in it you can't hear your self think, and it has side pipes right under the door, maybe with the aero chambers dumped at the rear it will still sound raw and awesome but be street legal

Thanks for the quick replies, and I love how loud it is but I'm worried about the tickets and it's so loud when your in it you can't hear your self think, and it has side pipes right under the door, maybe with the aero chambers dumped at the rear it will still sound raw and awesome but be street legal

the aerochambers will sure be quieter compared to bullets.

3½" exhaust will always have a big sound to it with lots of deep tones nomather how you look at it.
i would run the exhaust the whole way out the back it sure makes a diference, dumps under the car will always make it louder especialy inside the car.

I have aero chamber mufflers that dump before the diff, with a 2 1/2 X pipe. They are a bit loud, especially inside the car (putting some tailpipes on this winter), but it's really not that bad. I never got pulled over, but I was going smooth on the gas crossing a police car... My GF told me she could hear me 2 blocks away though. Oh and this is with a 360 magnum with a 216/224 cam.

I have the 3 inch ones on my dart with tailpipes all the way to the back and it os alot quiter then the torque tubes I had on the car before.I love the sound.

-
Back